News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 obi pls helps

Started by claude, March 12, 2013, 05:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

claude

anyone know how to program the inbound call 

if a call call on my voip.ms on sp1 i want by both obi ring in the same time ?

{ph1,ph2,pp1(ob50xxxxxxx|ob50xxxxxxx)}

this is what i have ....
both obi have to be in the same obitalk?
claude

giqcass

Someone correct me if I am wrong here but "|" usually means "or".  If you only have two OBi devices the ph1,ph2 will ring the first OBi.  pp(obxxxxxxxx) will place an outbound call to the second OBi.  You can only place a call out to one additional OBi if you are doing it this way.

Try this.
{ph1,ph2,pp(obxxxxxxxx)}
Long live our new ObiLords!

ianobi

giqcass,
QuoteSomeone correct me if I am wrong here but "|" usually means "or".
No need for correction here  :)

Quotepp(obxxxxxxxx) will place an outbound call to the second OBi.  You can only place a call out to one additional OBi if you are doing it this way.
Some need for correction here, see below  ;)

claude,
The correct format to make this work is:
{ph,ph2,pp(ob50xxxxxxx),pp(ob50xxxxxxx)}

This rings phones 1 and 2 on the local OBi202 and sends ringing to the other two remote OBi numbers. They do not need to be in your Circle of Trust etc. However, this is your maximum - You can only fork upto four endpoints. This is ringing three OBi devices. If you only want the local OBi to ring and one other, then giqcass has the correct answer for you.

pp1 is capable of making two simultaneous calls. For all I know it may be capable of making more if MaxSessions is increased.

Whichever of the four endpoints in this example is answered first will "win the race" and will connect to the incoming call.

Lavarock7

An alternative might be to configure each obi to connect to Voip.Ms as extensions. Then put them both in a Voip.MS ring group. Any calls to the group ring both.

This is also useful if one of the Obis is offline.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

giqcass

I would have to agree with connecting both to Voip.ms not just because it would be more reliable but I suspect it would also have less lag time.  It's a more solid topology all around. Lavarock7 has a good idea.

claude

Quote from: ianobi on March 13, 2013, 08:20:05 AM
giqcass,
QuoteSomeone correct me if I am wrong here but "|" usually means "or".
No need for correction here  :)

Quotepp(obxxxxxxxx) will place an outbound call to the second OBi.  You can only place a call out to one additional OBi if you are doing it this way.
Some need for correction here, see below  ;)

claude,
The correct format to make this work is:
{ph,ph2,pp(ob50xxxxxxx),pp(ob50xxxxxxx)}

thanks it working

This rings phones 1 and 2 on the local OBi202 and sends ringing to the other two remote OBi numbers. They do not need to be in your Circle of Trust etc. However, this is your maximum - You can only fork upto four endpoints. This is ringing three OBi devices. If you only want the local OBi to ring and one other, then giqcass has the correct answer for you.

pp1 is capable of making two simultaneous calls. For all I know it may be capable of making more if MaxSessions is increased.

Whichever of the four endpoints in this example is answered first will "win the race" and will connect to the incoming call.
claude

giqcass

Glad it's working.  I learned a little something here myself.  I did not know the OBi could make multiple outgoing Obitalk calls.