News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Issue with new setup OBI202 - "Please do not add a 1 when dialing this number"

Started by TDotUser, March 13, 2013, 08:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TDotUser

I have an issue...  when making an outbound call to a phone number 555-5555 i get a message that says "Please do not add a 1 when dialing this number"

in the call history log the number dialed is 1-555-5555

How/Where do i configure the device to not add a 1 to my calls.  My SIP provider says that they are rejecting the outbound call because a 1 is added and that is not the number that is trying to be called...

How do i configure this device to be used with Voip.TekSavvy.com?

When i enter a value in the URI of Voip.TekSavvy.com, it does not register.  But when i put a value of Voip.TekSavvy.com in the Service Provider Proxy Server and Outbound Proxy Server and nothing in the URI, i get it registered correctly, but can not make or recieve calls...  that s when i get the "Please do not add a 1 when dialing this number".

My SIP provider says everything is good on their end...  What am i missing??

TDotUser

Just to add something else...

I get the same message when i plug the network cable from the modem straight to the OBI202.

Also.  after i dial 555-5555 and get the "Please do not add a 1 when dialing this number" (womans voice...)  i get another message (mans voice) "the number 555-5555" was rejected by the service provider".  but the call history shows the 1-555-5555 as dialed??

TDotUser

Sorry...  UPDATE:

Just to add something else...

I get the same message when i plug the network cable from the modem straight to the OBI202.

Also.  after i dial 555-5555 and get the "Please do not add a 1 when dialing this number" (womans voice...)  i get another message (mans voice) "the number 555-5555" was rejected by the service provider : code 500".  but the call history shows the 1-555-5555 as dialed??

Shale

I presume 555-5555 is not the real number, but represents any 7-digit number. Let 505 represent your local area code. See what happens if you dial 1-505-555-5555 or 505-555-5555. If those work, somebody will be able to tell you how to make a modification to a string to allow you to do 7-digit dialing.

If using OBiTalk, did you fill in the "7-Digit Dialing for USA & CAN" box?

What the person helping you will need to know is whether you are using OBiTalk, entering strings into your OBi directly, or another method to put the strings in place. I think this will involve modifying the DigitMap string for the phone. You could search for that term to see prior postings about this. You could also post your existing value, and that will make it simpler for somebody to tell you what to change.

ianobi

I'm assuming that your sip provider is on sp1:

The problem you have is caused by the rule in bold:
Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
It adds the "1" to any ten digit number.

Change to this:
Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Felix

ianobi,
the bold part of the dial plan matches 10 digits; not 7... there is apparently something like <1>xxxxxxx somewhere in the digit map.

TDotUser,
Rather than us guessing, could you please the values from the following fields in Expert configuration (I assume you are using Phone 1 and SP1; make adjustments as appropriate):

Physical Interfaces - PHONE1 - DigitMap
Physical Interfaces - PHONE1 - OutboundCallRoute
Service Providers - ITSP Profile A General - DigitMap

Since you got the registration fine - let's put it aside for a moment. It is not clear to where you put URI when it didn't work; and obviously now you put it in the right spot!

ianobi

Felix,

You are right. Another case of me not reading the question properly. No wonder I was never any good at exams  :D