News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Invoke Second Dial Tone in Digit Map

Started by RonR, April 01, 2011, 09:19:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

From page 121 of the OBi Device Administration Guide (Version 23.03.11: 23 March 2011):

=====
Invoke Second Dial Tone in Digit Map

You can tell OBi to start a tone after a certain pattern of digits have been dialed by specifying the element {t=<tone>} within a digit map, where <tone> is a 1 to 3-letter name of the tone to play. The tone will stop when the next digit is entered.

For example:

(**1{t=di2}(Msp)|**8{t=od}(Mli))

which tells the device to play Second Dial Tone when **1 is dialed, or play Outside Dial Tone when **8 is dialed.
=====

Is this actually implemented in v1.2.0 (Build: 2102)?  I put this example (using Msp1) in the PHONE Port DigitMap and no new dialtone was started after **1 or **8 was dialed.  This is a feature I really like and use frequently in the PAP2.

Am I missing something?

RonR

A response from Obihai would be greatly appreciated.

obi-support2

Yes. Problem reproducible. This feature is broken in 1.2.
We should be able to fix this in the next f/w posting.
Thank you for reporting the issue.

OBIHAI Support Staff

RonR

This problem appears to be fixed in 1.2.1 (Build: 2103).

Thank you.

jimates

RonR,

does it matter at what point in the Phone Port DigitMap the additional items are put.

i want to add this
(**2{t=di2}(Msp)|**8{t=od}(Mli))

my current digitmap
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|411|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

RonR

Quote from: jimates on April 07, 2011, 08:33:48 PMdoes it matter at what point in the Phone Port DigitMap the additional items are put.
You place them exactly where you want the second dial tone to play.  I think the only logical places are:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|411|**0|***|#|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|**2{t=di2}(Msp2)|**8{t=di2}(Mli)|**9{t=di2}(Mpp)|(Mpli))

This causes a second dial tone to play after any **n.

OZOi

@RonR - thanks for the nice tip.  ;D
It's working well with v.1.2.1 firmware.

jimates

Yes, works great.
Nice feature that my kids will love. Thanks RonR.

MichiganTelephone

Here is a quote from the section of the manual dealing with this, for those that don't care to download it just to look this up:

QuoteInvoke Second Dial Tone in Digit Map
You can tell OBi to start a tone after a certain pattern of digits have been dialed by specifying the element {t=<tone>} within a digit map, where <tone> is a 1 to 3-letter name of the tone to play. The tone will stop when the next digit is entered. For example: 
        (**1{t=di2}(Msp)|**8{t=od}(Mli))
which tells the device to play Second Dial Tone when **1 is dialed, or play Outside Dial Tone when **8 is dialed. Here is a full list of acceptable (case insensitive) values of <tone>:
        bu = Busy Tone
        cf = Call Forwarded Dial Tone
        cm = Confirmation Tone
        co = Conference Tone
        cw1 – cw10 = Call Waiting Tone 1-10, respectively
        di = Dial Tone
        di2 = Second Dial Tone
        fb = Fast Busy Tone
        ho = Holding Tone
        od = Outside Dial Tone
        pr = Prompt Tone
        rb = Ringback Tone
        ro = Reorder Tone (same as fast busy)
        si1 – si4 = SIT TONE 1 – 4, respectively
        st = Stutter Tone
        0 – 9, *, #, a – d  = DTMF 0 – 9, *, #, A – D  respectively

One interesting thing I found is that apparently you can't set the Outside Dial Tone in Tone Profile A or B.  I wonder if that was an oversight. I sent an e-mail to Obihai Support about it, just in case.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

jimates

Thanks Michigan Telephone,

I tried to find it last night, must have overlooked it. It seems every time I go through that manual I find something new.

QBZappy

Hi,

I don't understand in what context someone would use some of these dial tones. Can someone give a brief "Dial Tone 101" explanation with use scenario. Tks.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.