News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 with Google Voice not working with Asus RT-N16 router

Started by whataboutbob, March 21, 2013, 11:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whataboutbob

I can hear the other side just fine but the audio is hardly audible on the other side, ie, he can't hear me barely, and very choppy when he could hear something, it's not legible at all. This is Obi100 with Google Voice (status green on Obi page) on Asus RT-N16 router connected to Motorola cable modem, download speed avg 14-15Mbps, upload 0.5Mbps, plenty of speed.

Luckily I also still have AT&T DSL 6 Mbps, (currently in transition between 2 internet services) with 2Wire modem / router and Obi100 works fine on that. I am guessing it's the settings on Asus that's causing the issue. I tried a few things like disabling SIP ALG per this article http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=33.0

No luck. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

QBZappy

whataboutbob,

Welcome,

I have a couple of those routers connecting my home and office. I don't have any problems. That is the ideal model to install 3rd party Tomato firmware on it. It is very easy to install it on that router. You might fix the problem that way.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

whataboutbob

Hi QBZappy,

Thanks but it isn't working for me. It already came with Tomato 1.28, is that what you have?

Bob

QBZappy

Yes.

There seems to be a rash of similar problems in the last few days. Is this sip or GV?

Edit:
GV got it. (Read the title, duhh)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

Try disabling the QOS altogether and see what happens. While testing avoid internet intensive activities (ie no bittorrenting).

whataboutbob

Great idea, that works! If anyone has the appropriate QoS settings for this router, let me know and I might try enabling it again.