News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110: Disconnected from Bell, now do I need to reconfigure ATA?

Started by tavie888, November 13, 2012, 09:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tavie888

Hello,

I have a OBi110 behind a router and a cable modem.  I will install a multi-handset  DECT 6  phone system connected to OBI.  My porting of local (Bell Canada) number to voip.ms has just been completed.  Do I need to do anything like the following?

1. Physically disconnect Bell phone line from OBi's LINE port? Note: maintain PHONE port connection to OBi.

2. Ditto for Bell phone line coming into the house, and HOW?

3. Changing configuration settings of PHONE and LINE ports via Expert configurations, and HOW?

My goal is to have VOIP access for the entire house.  Presently SP1 = GV and SP2=VOIP.MS

Any suggestions?  Thanks kindly.

Rick

Quote from: tavie888 on November 13, 2012, 09:02:21 PM
Hello,

I have a OBi110 behind a router and a cable modem.  I will install a multi-handset  DECT 6  phone system connected to OBI.  My porting of local (Bell Canada) number to voip.ms has just been completed.  Do I need to do anything like the following?

1. Physically disconnect Bell phone line from OBi's LINE port? Note: maintain PHONE port connection to OBi.

2. Ditto for Bell phone line coming into the house, and HOW?

3. Changing configuration settings of PHONE and LINE ports via Expert configurations, and HOW?

My goal is to have VOIP access for the entire house.  Presently SP1 = GV and SP2=VOIP.MS

Any suggestions?  Thanks kindly.

1)  No
2) No
3) Depends whether you set POTS line to be used for anything as default, like 911.

tavie888

Hello everyone,

Currently my Primary Line is SP2, so:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port is changed from PSTN Line to SP2 (VOIP.MS).  I can call out, hear the phone on the other side rings, and the other party responds.

However, I cannot hear anything if someone calls me.  I have NOT changed the following:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute = {ph}

How should I change or add to the above InboundCallRoute so that I can receive/hear incoming calls?

Thanks a lot for your help.

tavie888

Hello,

I have a question regarding
SPx Service > X_InboundCallRoute.

At present:

Primary Line = SP2

SP2 . X_InboundCallRoute =

{(<**1:>(MSP1))SP1}, {(<**2:>(Msp2)):SP2}, {(<**8:>(Mli)):li},
{(MTelemarketers)|?:}, {ph}

Because voip.ms (SP2) reported that my landline porting was completed
Nov.13, shouldn't X_InboundCallRoute for SP2 reads as follows?

{ph}, {(<**2:>(MSP2)):SP2}

2) I used Zoiper soft phone to call my main DID at voip.ms.  Heard
voicemail message.

3) Used X-Lite soft phone:

**9222222222: Passed OBi echo test

**9+area code+7digits of my main DID: Failed

**2+1+area code+7digits of main DID: Phone rings (worked)!

What's going on?  How do I receive and hear incoming calls?

I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Thank you.

tavie888

Hi,

Here's an update.  Obihai suggests I post in this OBiTALK forum. 

1) Calling my main DID, I hear a voip.ms voicemail

2) Installed Zoiper softphone and configured it with voip.ms credentials.  Calls to my main DID using Zoiper softphone also yield the same voicemail message

3) Using X-Lite 5 Softphone (registered with OBi110) to call my main DID:

**9 + 11-digit number: "Failed to establish call"

**2 + 10 or 11-digit number:the phone connected to OBi unit rings, and the handset shows its OBiTalk number

10-digit number: same result as with above **2 calls

Any suggestions?

geva

Hey Tavie,

I have recently setup the exact same thing in Canada for my father - however he pulled out a Rogers Home Phone service and I replaced it with an OBi and VoIP.ms SIP line.

My setup was SUPER simple, and took me less than 10 minutes (the VoIP.ms account, DID, VM were already setup).

From what you're explaining, it sounds like no SIP client can register with VoIP.ms, hence why you're going right to voice mail.

You should use the ObiTalk portal and check the ATA SIP configuration to ensure that it's set to VoIP.ms, you've got the correct VoIP POP server address in there, SIP username and password, and that in the dashboard that the OBi device comes back as registered.  If it does, then you are registered with VoIP.ms properly.

There is a good chance that your VoIP.ms call routing is not setup properly and hence the routing is dropping all calls to VM.  Go into VoIP.ms portal, then DID Management, open your DID, then have a look at call routing.  You should have SIP/IAX peer selected which means the call will go to whoever is logged into this peer.

Cheers,

geva

tavie888

Hello geva,

What do you mean by SIP "peer"?  Do you mean a sub-account of the main account SIP?

My routing is correct, as I make sure incoming calls are routed to SIP. 

The problem occurred because Google Voice credentials are are stored in the OBi110 device instead of OBihai database/network.  After I deleted GV and did a factory reset, the problem was gone.

tavie888

Hello,

Last night I did a factory reset of OBi110 and configured it without Google Voice (GV) through the internal page as accessible via the device's IP. I use voip.ms as the only service provider.

This afternoon I made 2 outgoing calls by cell phone to 2 DIDs, both are included in the same ringgroup in my voip.ms account:

1. the one to my first DID: phone connected to OBi110 rang

2. call to my recently ported DID: same phone did not ring

I suspect that somehow OBi still keeps older account info despite 2+ factory resets.  My guess is based on the following:

1. When I first bought OBi110, it was set up with SP1=GV and SP2= voip.ms.  After my landline number was ported from Bell to voip.ms, people who call my new DID report that they only see my GV number on their callerID screen. They also said they hear only a voicemail response asking them to leave a message.

2. In today's calls, the one to the original DID rang the phone, but the one made shortly afterwards to the new DID did not ring it.

Is there a "profile" on the device that needs to be erased completely before I can do (one more?) reset?

I would appreciate your thoughts, ideas and suggestions.

geva

Quote from: tavie888 on November 19, 2012, 08:43:43 PM
Hello geva,

What do you mean by SIP "peer"?  Do you mean a sub-account of the main account SIP?

My routing is correct, as I make sure incoming calls are routed to SIP. 

The problem occurred because Google Voice credentials are are stored in the OBi110 device instead of OBihai database/network.  After I deleted GV and did a factory reset, the problem was gone.

Sorry for my late reply.  Apparently this forum doesn't send e-mail notifications!

VoIP.ms has created this idea of sub-accounts, but in the VoIP it is just setting up a SIP peer or SIP endpoint.  Consider the terms interchangeable.

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.