News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

call forwarding to SIP URI

Started by dialtone, March 15, 2011, 01:02:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dialtone

Assuming that:
* There is one OBi110 device.
* There is an analog telephone connected to the OBi110 phone port.
* The OBi110 SP1 has been configured for the Google Voice account first@gmail.com
* The OBi110 SP2 has been configured for the Google Voice account second@gmail.com
* Inbound and outbound calls are working fine.

Can you do a "Call Forward ALL" to a SIP URI ?

In other words ...
An inbound call on SP1 would immediately forward to sip:abc123@XYZ.com
and
An inbound call on SP2 would immediately forward to sip:efg456@lmn.com

How would you do this?

murzik

I am not sure about OBi1 110 setup for this and limitations, but at least to call sip URL you must have Sip service provider which you do not have.

Get two IPkall accounts and you will be able to do what you want even without OBi.

GV will ring your IPkall number and then you set forwarding to sip URI in IPkall.

QBZappy

Hi,

Apparently you can cal via URL with GV.
sip:+1NPANXXXXXX@sip.voice.google.com

See this site for info:

http://blog.duh.org/2011/03/so-google-voice-sip-is-actually-coming.html
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

murzik

No, this is not right. You cannot call SIP URI using GV account.
You can call Google Voice number using sip Uri with sip provider and only if that sip provider have peering with GV network.
For example you can call from Gizmo to GV with SIP uri, but not from GV to sip.
Google Voice just does not have an option to dial SIP URI.

RonR

Quote from: QBZappy on March 16, 2011, 12:35:45 PMApparently you can cal via URL with GV.
ip:+1NPANXXXXXX@sip.voice.google.com
This times out trying to call your GV number from Sip Sorcery.

yhfung

Does OBiNet reject all the SIP URI calling requests from OBi endpoints?

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: RonR on March 16, 2011, 01:00:48 PM
Quote from: QBZappy on March 16, 2011, 12:35:45 PMApparently you can cal via URL with GV.
ip:+1NPANXXXXXX@sip.voice.google.com
This times out trying to call your GV number from Sip Sorcery.

Unfortunately Google Voice has enabled and then disabled this capability on several occasions.  It worked for a time yesterday morning (March 16) but by the afternoon was disabled again.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

obi-support2

dialtone,

I cannot think of a solution for your case, since both SP1 and SP2 are configured to use GV protocol.
But suppose you have SP2 still using a SIP ITSP (SIP Protocol), then what you want can be done for
SP1 (GV). That is, call forward incoming calls on SP1 to a SIP URL. The call forward destination number would be something like this: sp2(12345@xyz.com).

The reason is that the OBi is relying on at least one SIP trunk to perform SIP transactions.
OBIHAI Support Staff

dialtone

Thanks obi-support2,
I understand. I need atleast one SIP ITSP (SIP Protocol).

As MichiganTelephone pointed out, unfortunately the Google Voice SIP URI capability is not reliable.

lhm.

"But suppose you have SP2 still using a SIP ITSP (SIP Protocol), then what you want can be done for
SP1 (GV). That is, call forward incoming calls on SP1 to a SIP URL. The call forward destination number would be something like this: sp2(12345@xyz.com)."

Based on the above, can the call be forked to both SP1 GV and SP2  (12345@xyz.com) ?

RonR

Quote from: lhm. on April 01, 2011, 10:14:51 AMBased on the above, can the call be forked to both SP1 GV and SP2  (12345@xyz.com) ?
Take a look at this posting:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=425.msg2498#msg2498

Also, you can only use a SIP URI with an SPx that is configured for SIP.