October 31, 2014, 12:04:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why my OBiTalk user account cannot login in Iphone  (Read 17731 times)
Harold

« on: April 02, 2011, 07:52:28 pm »

Dear all

May I seek ur help

Why my OBiTalk user account cannot login in Iphone OBiON, it said that user name and password not correct, but I try it in obitalk webpage and Android without problem. Is it the apps problem? My Iphone OS is 4.3

Thanks
lindend

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:15:39 am »

I had the same issue on both iOS and Android.  I upgraded the firmware on my 110 and the problem went away.  I don't know if there's a connection (there shouldn't be), but that's been my experience.
Harold

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 07:17:45 pm »

Noted & Thanks , But it seem not an issues about the OBi110 firmware, cos it login to OBi server.

Thanks
a2940uw@gmail.com

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 09:13:42 pm »

I also have the same issue of latest firmware  Huh
tesluk

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2011, 11:31:14 am »

I experienced this or a similar issue:

1) on iPhone #1, I could login with either of my two OBiTALK account credentials
2) on www.obitalk.com I could login with either of my two OBiTALK account credentials
3) THEN I upgraded the firmware (to 1.2.1) of Obi110 #1 and changed the Device Display Name from 'iPhone' to 'iPhone 4' in OBiTALK account #1
4) I left the firmware of Obi110 #2 (at 1.2.0) as is (did not upgrade) and I changed the Device Display Name from 'softphone' to 'iPhone 3G' in OBiTALK account #2
5) NOW on www.obitalk.com, I can login with either of my two OBiTALK account credentials
6) BUT on iPhone #1, I can login with OBiTALK account #2 account credentials, but not with OBiTALK account #1 account credentials - the error is 'Error Signing In' 'Check your User ID and Password'
7) I uninstalled the OBiON app on iPhone #1, and re-installed, but that did not solve the problem

Was it the firmware upgrade?  Was it the Device Display Name change?
tesluk

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 11:33:37 am »

I am now able to login with OBiTALK account #1 account credentials from iPhone #1!  I changed the Device Display Name from 'iPhone 4' back to 'iPhone' in OBiTALK account #1, and now everything works.  For learning purposes, I then changed the Device Display Name from 'iPhone' to 'iPhone 4' in OBiTALK account #1, and it stopped working.  I then changed the Device Display Name from 'iPhone 4' back to 'iPhone' and works again.  So there is some problem still lingering in ObiTALK or OBiON that chokes on some Device Display Name changes.

I experienced this or a similar issue:

1) on iPhone #1, I could login with either of my two OBiTALK account credentials
2) on www.obitalk.com I could login with either of my two OBiTALK account credentials
3) THEN I upgraded the firmware (to 1.2.1) of Obi110 #1 and changed the Device Display Name from 'iPhone' to 'iPhone 4' in OBiTALK account #1
4) I left the firmware of Obi110 #2 (at 1.2.0) as is (did not upgrade) and I changed the Device Display Name from 'softphone' to 'iPhone 3G' in OBiTALK account #2
5) NOW on www.obitalk.com, I can login with either of my two OBiTALK account credentials
6) BUT on iPhone #1, I can login with OBiTALK account #2 account credentials, but not with OBiTALK account #1 account credentials - the error is 'Error Signing In' 'Check your User ID and Password'
7) I uninstalled the OBiON app on iPhone #1, and re-installed, but that did not solve the problem

Was it the firmware upgrade?  Was it the Device Display Name change?
JohnLennon

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 01:09:13 pm »

Still no luck for me on my iPod Touch 4G, however it works on my iPad 2, both running iOS 4.3.2, same credentials.

I tested on an iPod Touch 2G with iOS 4.2.1 and it works.

Tested from the same wireless router so this rules out the possibility of network issues.
n4spd

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2012, 01:09:59 am »

I had a similar problem where I could not log in using OBION for iOS or Android.
Last time, I tried, it worked on BOTH iOS and Android.
Now, it doesn't work on either.

I finally figured out the problem.  Before, I had 1 obihai unit.  Now I have 2 obihai units.
The problem is that one is named "Home" and the other is named "Home2".
The "Home" part that is common on both device names is causing the problem.
I changed the name of both devices to their phone numbers, so there is NO text in common
AND BAM, I can now log in with all my android and iOS devices.  Instantly...

So, if you have multiple obihai devices, be careful to name them so they don't start with the same text.
Hope this helps you...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: