News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google account password change

Started by ja_ys, March 31, 2013, 02:01:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ja_ys

I had to change my Google account password and then noticed My GV Obi100 phone connection was no longer working  ( :'(no service :'(). How are you suppose to change the google account password relative to OBi . I ended up having to delete my device from OBI , reset (reset button on bottom) OBI100 and reconnect device from the start to enter the new password . It worked and my device was connected with new password but if ever I need to change my Google password in the future is there a better or easier way to change the Google password for the OBI setup too? :)? ::)

Rick

Did you log into Obitalk and try to change it?

ja_ys

Of course ;D only way was  to delete device (phone) reset obi (paper clip) then reconnect device  , no other way could I find.
  Do you know of an easier ,better way  ::) ????

Diana

You did not need to delete your account.  There are two other ways you could have easily changed your GV password via OBiTALK interface.  Please go back and look at the options available under the (OBiTALK) OBi Dashboard.

Shale

The best way would have been to click the gear icon [Edit SPn] on the Configure Voice Service Providers (SP): Google Voice account in OBiTalk.

I am using SPn to indicate SP1 or SP2 or SP3 or SP4.

ja_ys

:)thanks , I searched for gear as you suggested and the only option for SP is
for anveo sign up . Is that how to proceed for Google password change ?

Shale

Quote from: ja_ys on March 31, 2013, 09:02:25 PM
:)thanks , I searched for gear as you suggested and the only option for SP is
for anveo sign up . Is that how to proceed for Google password change ?
In "Configure Voice Service Providers (SP)", OBiTalk shows each SP[stands for Service Provider] listed.
For each it should say either Connected, Registered, or Not Configured. Those that say Connected or Registered should have the gear icon to the right, and they also have a trash can with a red X icon to delete the configuration for the particular SP. Those that say  Not Configured would also have the gear icon. They are available for setup by clicking the gear icon, and they have no trash can icon.

That is how OBiTalk looks for me. I have SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4 and BT1 on my OBi202. I don't use BT1. I expect that you have SP1 and SP2 on your OBi100. Does my expectation match what you see so far?

ja_ys

Yes as you describe.... but it is for anveo 911 sign up when I click the gear .  ???

Shale

Describe what you see on the line that that mentions Google before you click the gear on that line.

Describe what you see after you click the gear.

I presume you have already changed the GV password, and you are trying to figure out how to tell OBi about the new password.

ja_ys

Only option I see to use gear for GV sp1 is only for Anveo 911 service set up ....
I have found the documentaion for configuring GV to Obi100 and will later
more extensively  attempt to pursue it as illustrated in document. For now I will use the delete device  and reset Obi100 with paper clip.That for now appears to be the only way to have the GV
option to enter gmail password to Obi100.
Thanks.   :)

vanl

I know what you mean. I just updated my google password and had to reset my OBi100 and reconnect the device as a new setup. I think the reason that I had to do a new setup is because my device status stated,' Offline" instead of "Backing off" which allow you to reconfigure the device and update the password.

Jackson

Something don't make sense, my screens:

Then after clicking the GV gear.

Lavarock7

I have helped people on other things (like browsers) where they don't realize that there is more on the page to the right and a slider is hidden or nor contrasted.  There could also be a case where the text is so large, that a gear has wrapped to the next line and is not obvious that it wrapped.

Then again, the options may just not be on the OPs screen.

You picture should help.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

JYLINTX

it took me over an hour to get to this post with your screen prints; and that fixed my PW change issue. Thanks

bounce

If you can't do a password reset due to recovery options that were never configured, have been changed, or gone out-of-date, then your only other option is the account recovery form  to prove ownership of the account.  See the following article about how to recover a lost or compromised account:  https://www.cleverfiles.com/howto/google-account-recovery.html and follow the prompts.

SteveInWA

Quote from: gmailtoll-freenumber on June 21, 2017, 12:42:08 AM
If you are frustrated from hacked Gmail account or phishing attack then try this post to keep secure your Gmail account from these attacks. You can also get back your Gmail Account from hackers through <a href="http://igurus-inc.net/change-gmail-password/">Gmail password change</a> phone number +1-888-259-9422. So without any single moment pick your phone & dial Gmail technical support toll-free number.

This is a SCAM.  Google does not supply direct telephone-based technical support.  Do NOT respond to this poster.