News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"No Service Configured" Error

Started by Arghtastic, April 03, 2013, 10:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arghtastic

I just (minutes ago) began getting a message that I had no service configured and needed to login to Obitalk.com to configure my service, yet, my configuration is intact.  I had about 5 minutes between prior call and no service message.

I use GV as my primary on SP1--this is where I get the message. 

I use Sipgate as my secondary on SP2--I get no message here--it dials but I get no audio. 

Now my device appears to have reset itself and lost configuration---Obitalk.com no longer responds.

Arghtastic

Now the device is back--it did indeed reboot itself and service 1 is working--service 2 says "400 Bad Request"

Arghtastic

Prior to reboot it was blinking the network activity light very rapidly even when not on call.

Quote from: Arghtastic on April 03, 2013, 10:46:29 AM
Now the device is back--it did indeed reboot itself and service 1 is working--service 2 says "400 Bad Request"

dircom

Having the same problem.  Took my obi out of town, and it quit working after moving some furniture around.  Reset the OBI.  
Finally discovered the ethernet cable might have been loose on the rtr.
I can call my daughter's obi now, obi to obi
but get no service configured when trying to dial a regular phn #
OBI dashboard says connected.  I deleted SP1 & SP2 (both GV), and reconfigured.  "Connected " status never changed

next step?

dircom

OBI support got back to me in 12 hrs, and said:

Every time you do a factory reset on the device, you need to reconfigure the whole set up again.

Let's start over with the setup:
- Dial ***8 and press 1 from your OBi phone, this will factory reset the OBi
- Login to obitalk.com, and ADD DEVICE
- and follow all the steps and add google voice gmail username/passwd to your OBi.

See this tutorial to follow:
http://obihai.com/tutorial17.html

I was confused, because the dashboard said connected for SP1&2
all is well in obiland for me again :)

Galen

Hardware
OBI202: my box number is 500895758, both the INTERNET light and LAN light is flashing green fast.
MOTOROLA ARRIS SBG6782-AC (Modem/Router All In One)
VTECH WIRELESS PHONE

I added the MAC address to the router, nothing
I opened the ports that say to be opened, nothing
I have unplugged both the modem and obi202, nothing
I try to add the device after reboot of the obi202 (Red Light Appears), nothing
I have dialed ***0,30#,1#  
I have tried to go http://192.168.10.1/, nothing
I have purchased a second CAT5 to connect to the router, now both LAN and Internet is connected to my router, nothing
I have tried dialing **9-222-222-222 but immediately get a busy signal
There are not any youtube videos on walkthroughs of any kind.

Please help.

LTN1

Since it is your first post, you had no way of knowing...but for better results to your questions, I recommend you start a new thread where it will just focus on your circumstances. But just glancing at your situation, I'm not quite sure why you had to add any MAC address belonging to the OBi202. These things are usually automatic. Again...start a new thread and you will likely find more help.

drgeoff

Quote from: Galen on April 19, 2017, 04:05:20 PM
Hardware
OBI202: my box number is 500895758, both the INTERNET light and LAN light is flashing green fast.
MOTOROLA ARRIS SBG6782-AC (Modem/Router All In One)
VTECH WIRELESS PHONE

I added the MAC address to the router, nothing
I opened the ports that say to be opened, nothing
I have unplugged both the modem and obi202, nothing
I try to add the device after reboot of the obi202 (Red Light Appears), nothing
I have dialed ***0,30#,1#  
I have tried to go http://192.168.10.1/, nothing
I have purchased a second CAT5 to connect to the router, now both LAN and Internet is connected to my router, nothing
I have tried dialing **9-222-222-222 but immediately get a busy signal
There are not any youtube videos on walkthroughs of any kind.

Please help.

1.  I have experimented with tens of different home routers and not a single one provided means to "open ports".  Almost all of them had facilities for "port forwarding" which is not the same thing at all.  Fortunately it is not usually necessary to modify router settings to get an OBi to work so revert all the changes you made to yours.

2.  As we do not know what state your OBi is now in, I advise that you perform a factory reset.  Dial ***8 and follow the audible prompts.

3.  You can install and configure your OBi without accessing its onboard web GUI.  Everything can be done via the portal.  Indeed if you want to use Google Voice that MUST be done via the portal.

Connect an ethernet cable between the INTERNET socket on the 202 and a LAN socket on your router.  Power cycle (ie reboot) the Obi.  Wait for the Power LED to become steady green.  Dial **9 222 222 222.  Do you reach the echo test?  If yes then with your PC connected as normal to your router, proceed to register your 202 on your Obitalk Dashboard using the **5 xxxx procedure.  If not, come back here for advice.

4.  You only need to read this section if you insist on accessing the OBi's onboard web GUI.  However, be aware of http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0

The OBi202 includes a router function and by default as delivered and after a factory reset that router is enabled.  http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543014

Also by default under the same conditions, access to the onboard web GUI is disabled from the INTERNET side of that router.  You have three options to get your computer accessing the 202's GUI directly.

4a.  Connect you computer directly to the LAN port of the 202.  If the computer is configured to get its address by DHCP you need to reboot the computer.  If your computer has a static IP address you need to change it to 192.168.10.x where x is any number between 2 and 255.  Whether DHCP or static, you can then put 192.168.10.1 into your browser.

or

4b.  Connect your PC as normal to your router and enable access from the INTERNET port.  The ***30#, 1# procedure that you already found.  But 192.168.10.1 will not be the address.  Either look for the OBi's address in your router's GUi or dial ***1 and it will be read out to you.

or

4c.  Put the 202 into bridge mode by dialling the ***31 procedure. '0' is router and '1' is bridge mode.  Your computer can be connected directly to the router or to the LAN socket on the 202.  The IP address to put in your browser can be found in the same way as in 4b.

(Section 3 above is just a rehash of the OBi202 Quick Start Guide which would or should have been in the box.  It is also available to download from http://www.obihai.com/docs-downloads.)