News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cloning Auto Attendant User Prompts

Started by A_Friend, April 03, 2013, 03:36:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_Friend

I have an OBi100 with voice prompts I set up for the Auto Attendant.  I'd like to clone those to my new OBi202.  So far, I haven't figured out how. 

The manual gives instructions how to back up the User Prompts, and that created a backupaa.dat file.  I found a reference that you're supposed to use the "install firmware" selection to restore it, and that seemed to work, but when I checked, I still had the factory prompts.  I rebooted, repeated, etc., but that's all that happens.

First question, is this even possible?  Can you restore a backupaa.dat file from an OBi100 to an OBi202?

If so, the second question is, what am I doing wrong?  Do I need to change some settings on the OBi202?  It's not clear from the manual.

Thanks.

A_Friend

As it turned out, I had backed up and restored the voice prompts to the 202.  It was still playing the factory prompts because I hadn't manually updated the prompt list (see page 112 of the Admin Guide).  When I checked the IVR for the recordings, there they were.  I guess I had assumed that all the AA settings would come over with the recordings.  They don't. 

So, I just had to play all my recordings from the IVR, jotting down what each one was, and then map their corresponding %UserN% names into the prompt list.