News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't connect my IP Phone to my OBi202

Started by N7AS, April 08, 2013, 08:27:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N7AS

I have been trying to connect my Yealink SIP-T28P IP phone to my OBi202 so I can make and answer calls on this phone. I tried all the options here with no luck. There is no way on the Yealink phone to set "make calls without reg" and "answer calls without reg" as this is what is required. Cisco phones have this feature.

I do have an unfunded account with voip.ms and usere can call other users free. I wonder if this could be done using voip.ms sub accounts that will register on the OBi202 and the Yealink phone and bridge calls through the OBi202.

On my OBi202
SP1 - Google Voice
SP2 - Anveo free account - Used to receive various DID calls via SIP URI.
SP2 - Localphone - For international calls
SP4 - open

I was also thinking that maybee I could rout calls through my OBi110 which is online but both SP1 and SP2 are disabled.

Any ideas?

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

hwittenb

N7AS
I believe you could do it thru PBXes.com which offers free accounts when you use less than 2000 minutes a month and have a limited number of extensions and simultaneous calls.  They have a feature called Sub PBXes which makes it fairly easy.  You could also do something similiar with your own Asterisk system.

Setup and register your ip phone as the "Main" extension.  For example extension 200 you would register to userid-200@pbxes.org  

Setup a Sub PBXes SubPBX. For example userid-400.  On the OBi use a spare SPx to register to this SubPBX ... userid-400@pbxes.org

Setup a PBXes Outbound Routing Valid for all (dialed) numbers to the SubPBX that you just setup.

The default / Incoming Route should send an incoming call (from the OBi) to Extension 200.

Dialed calls from your ip phone should now go to the OBi SPx you registered to the SubPBX.

Edit: So on your PBXes account you have 1 extension, 1 SubPBX, 1 Outgoing Route, 1 Incoming Route.

On the OBi SPx setup X_InboundCallRoute to dial the number that comes in with the call on the outgoing facility you wish.  For example {(200)>xx.:SP2} which will dial incoming dial calls from extension 200 out on SP2.

On the OBi setup your potential incoming calls to the OBi to ring the ip phone in addition to the phone(s) on the OBi.  To do this you would fork the incoming calls to SPx(200) in addition to the phone(s).  For example {SP4(200),ph,ph2} if you had SP4 registered to PBXes.

Edit:  As an aside, during testing I discovered you do not want to have your OBi Sip account setup to use TCP.  It needs to be setup to use the default UDP.  PBXes would not send the call on the outgoing trunk (subpbx) about half the time when the sip communication was by TCP.  I had set it up for TCP some time previously to talk to my android phone.

N7AS

hwittenb,
I think this may work better. I will see if I can try it later. I do have a free pbxes account. I wish someone would write a tutorial for pbxes. Maybee Stewart is still reading this forum.

I did try the following today...
I registered 3 voip.ms sub accounts  on 3 of my devices.

Ext 101 - OBi202 SP$
Ext 102 - Yealink SIP-T28P
Ext 102 - Linksys SPA941 Line 3
---------

I tried to call between extensions. Just got a busy line. The other extension did not ring. So, I may be wrong, but I think calls between extensions need a funded account.

So, your method would be a little easier as long as I can figure out pbxes once again. I haven't used it for quite awhile.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

zapattack

Not sure if you can dial between sub-accounts, as each is by definition stand-alone(?)
I think extension dialing only applies within an account (a PBX).  I do not have a sub-account and extension dialing works fine.

azrobert

I posted a detailed guide to setup a sub-pbx for an ObiON replacement and could be used for an IP phone.

See:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5411.0

EDIT:

Since I posted the above guide I changed my sub-pbx config. I moved the Outbound CallerId from the sub-pbx to the extension. Before the change all traffic over the sub-pbx was assigned a CID of 4809999999. If you use the sub-pbx for only the IP phone then it doesn't matter where the CID is set.

Lavarock7

You should be able to call between subaccounts if each account has an extension assigned to it and they all register to the same server. This should work even without funding.

Also you must make sure that the extension format is allowed in the devices dialing string.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

N7AS

azrobert,
Thanks for the tip.
I got it to work except can'd dile between extensions. When I dial the OBi202 extension (202), I get a busy right away. When I dial the IP phone extension (100), I get a busy after a few seconds. Both the OBi202 and the IP phone registers to PBXes. Should there be an Inbound Route in PBXes?

I changed the extension numbers to 100 for the IP phone and 202 for the OBi. As the OBi202 has no line port, I changed references to li to sp3 (localphone.com).

Incoming calls to SP1 (Google Voice) ring both the phone connected to the OBi202 and the IP phone.

EDIT:
I can now call the IP phone extension (100) by using a speed dial (SP4(100) but when I dial 202 from the IP phone I just get a busy and no ring on the phone connected to the OBi202.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

azrobert

In my example change 99 to 202 in the Sub-pbx dial rules and the PBXes Outbound Route Dial Patterns.

I have a typo in my OBi SP2 X_InboundCallRoute.
Before the {ph} there should be a comma, not a dot.

In my example when the IP phone dials "202", PBXes should send the "202" to the OBi via the sub-pbx. When the "202" comes thru SP4 there is no match in the X_InboundCallRoute and it will default to the last entry {ph}

You could add this rule:
{(4809999999)>(202):ph}

Edit:
I corrected the typo in the guide.

N7AS

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

Dagwood

N7AS,

Within the last week I set up my nre Yealink T22P with my OBI202 with accounts from freephoneline.ca (SP1) and voip.ms (SP2) without having to use any pbx stuff.  I have it set up so my IP phone uses the OBI without having to register (through SP3 back to SP1) and also with a sub account directly to voip.ms.  As far as the Yealink having the option to make calls without registration, I think that's enabled automatically and there is no option to turn it on or off.  I did have to update my Yealink phone to the latest software before I was able to get this to work.

If you're interested in more detailed info to try it this way, let me know and I will see what I can dig up in the next few days.  It would take me a bit of time to check all of my settings to see exactly what I changed.

N7AS

Dagwood,

It would beinesting to see how you did it. I am used to Cisco IP phones as the Yealink is somewhat different. It would be nice to make the BLF work in a simple manner.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

Dagwood

I will try and summarize what I did to get my Yealink T22P working with my OBI202.  I'm a total novice at this so it involved a lot of trial and error, and possibly some luck, but in the end it's working fine.  Some of the things I did might have had no bearing in the end.

I  will include some screen shots of my T22P phone settings for line 1 in a subsequent reply once I get the files sized small enough.  I've got this pointing to SP1 on the OBI.  The firmware for the phone is 7.70.0.130.

On the OBI side, I configured SP3 to proxy server 127.0.0.1, port 5060, outbound proxy also at 127.0.0.1, user name YL1 (or whatever you've used in the phone settings), and the same password as used in the phone setting.  Under voice service for SP3 I have X_inboundcallroute = SP1, X_registerenable is unchecked.  Under ITSP Profile C SIP I have spoofcallerid checked.  Under voice service for SP1 X_inboundcallroute = {ph,ph2,SP3(YL1@192.168.1.101:5064)}.  All of this enabled me to use my SP1 provider (freephone line.ca) with the OBI and my Yealink as line 1.

My voip.ms account was set up using 2 sub accounts at the voip.ms end.  IOne sub account is registered with my OBI as SP2.  The other sub account is registered as line 2 through my T22P.  This was pretty basic and no trickery was involved for that.

I believe these are all the settings I changed.  Let me know if you think I've missed something or you need any clarification.

Dagwood

Can't seem to upload the screen shots so I will try and PM them to you instead.

I should also point out that the OBI202 status for SP3 shows the phone as registered and line 1 of the T22P itself shows registered to the OBI.

dogwood

Success!!!
Thank you for your help and notes Dagwood.

Here's how I successfully got it to work.

Yealink T22P --> OBi SIP Proxy --> anveo.com

I had to factory reset the OBi and Yealink and this worked perfectly.

1. Connect yealink to LAN port of OBi

2. Login to OBi portal and select SP1 from the dashboard page

3. Create new anveo account if you want the special price or use an existing account

4. From OBi Dashboard, select Expert Mode

5. Select Service Providers

6. Select ITSP Profile C SIP

7. Change 2 settings. The first time you change settings you need to unselect both boxes to the right of the field then submit.  Then you can go back and change the settings.
Change - ProxyServer = 127.0.0.1
Change - X_SpoofCallerID = checked
Submit

8. Select Voice Service SP1
Change - X_InboundCallRoute = {ph,sp3(9145@192.168.10.100:5062)}
Note: 9145 is the username for authentication. You can change this.

9. Select Voice Service SP3
Change - X_ServProvProfile = C
Change - X_InboundCallRoute = {sp1}
Change - X_RegisterEnable = un-checked
Change - X_Proxy = checked
Change - AuthUserName = 9145
Change - AuthPassword = 9145
Note: 9145 is the username. You can change this.
Note: AuthPassword is also your choice

10. Setup Account 1 on the Yealink IP Phone
Login to web UI 192.168.10.100
Select Account 1
Line Active = Enabled
Label = YourLabel
Display Name = YourName
Register Name = 9145
User Name 9145
Password = 9145
Enable Outbound Proxy Server = Enabled
Outbound Proxy Server = 555555555.pnn.obihai.com
Port = 5062
Server Host = 555555555.pnn.obihai.com
Port = 5062
Note: Change "555555555".pnn.obihai.com to your Obi number found on the bottom of your OBi adapter. This won't work in bridge mode. I found this does not resolve unless you have your IP Phone connected to the LAN port of the OBi.  I tried using the OBi in bridge mode but it didn't resolve.

Hopefully this will help other people trying to figure this out.