News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unified voicemail?

Started by degeldeg, April 09, 2013, 08:17:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

degeldeg

I have an OBI110, connected in the usual way to a POTS line and GV.

Each has its own voicemail box, and it is a pain to check voicemail twice (especially since my phones can't tell me which line has a message).

Is there any way to unify the two VMs, perhaps by having one forward to the other other, or both to some other service or gadget?

David

Shale

The simple way would be to use a local answer machine set to pick up quicker than the other two voicemails.

I understand this is not what you were asking for.

VOIPisGreat

Quote from: Shale on April 09, 2013, 09:01:00 AM
The simple way would be to use a local answer machine set to pick up quicker than the other two voicemails.

I understand this is not what you were asking for.

This solution is only semi-workable. If a call comes in while the other line is in progress (or for some other reason the phone doesn't ring), it'll still go to the respective VM.

giqcass

Ok so one line is Google Voice.  What is the other line?  We might be able to set the other service use Google Voicemail.

An alternate option might be to have the OBi bridge the call and send it to voicemail.

Another possibility is to send both accounts to a third Voicemail service like one hosted by Sipgate.  To do that you would set Sipgate up as a forwarding number and have it pick up before Google Voice.  We would need to know the other provider to find out whether this would work.
Long live our new ObiLords!