News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi100 Not Working into Panasonic PBX - Suggestions?

Started by Toolworker, April 11, 2013, 10:07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toolworker

I want to use this device as an outside (CO) line on my home PBX, a Panasonic KX-TDA50.

With the OBi100 connected to a CO port on the PBX, the PBX gives an error tone when I try to access the OBi100 as an outside line from an extension phone, and incoming calls on the OBi100 don't ring through.  The same CO port works fine with a regular phone line plugged into it.

I can make and receive calls on the OBi100 using my Google Voice number and a regular telephone (POT).

I have updated to the latest software.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

hwittenb

From what you describe, I would think that it would work.

Are you positive about the cable you are using between the OBi Phone Port and the PBX?  The analog phone circuit is 2-wires.  Any chance the cable is not using the 2-center pins at both ends of the cable.  Is it the same cable you use to checkout the OBi with an analog phone?  Can you put a splitter on the cable and hear the phone ring when the OBi is ringing the line? 

The OBi should be putting out a talk voltage of about 48v. You can check the OBi adapter by logging into it from your local computer and verify that the OBi is putting out a talk voltage of about 48v and is on-hook.  The PBX probably has some LEDs that show the same.

Toolworker

Thank you for your response, which helped to solve the problem.

While checking the voltages per your suggestion, I found the place on the switch where I should have plugged in the wire from the OBi100.

It works fine now.  ;)