News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up calls to ring both the Obi100 phone and in Google Chat simultaneously

Started by MrGrim, April 10, 2013, 01:16:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrGrim

I noticed in the firmware notes that the "Google Voice Multi-Ring" feature was added for the OBI 202.
"Incoming calls to the associated Google Voice number will ring all OBi202 endpoints and the and the stand-alone Google Talk app"

Will this feature be made available for the Obi100 ever?
Is there any kind of work around to get calls to ring on my computer and through the Obi simultaneously?

I just bought an Obi100, and I am disappointed that I can't route calls through both the Obi100 and Google Talk simultaneously. This is because when I am out and about (e.g. at college) I'd like to be able to answer calls through Google Talk, but they are intercepted by the Obi instead.

I could manually disable access to the google voice account through the obitalk website when I am out, but this would require remembering to disable/re-enable it every time I leave/return.

I could use two different phone numbers, but it would be much more convenient for others trying to get a hold of me to just have 1 number.

Google voice allows simultaneous forwarding, but it won't allow you to do this with other google voice numbers. Otherwise I could just have it forward to Obi (via google chat) and forward to the second google voice number for Google Talk.

Any ideas?

QBZappy

Welcome MrGrim,

Don't be so grim. :) (I couldn't resist)

Have a look here for some idea of how it might be done. Look up call forking as well.

So what is unique about the OBion app vs using the Google Talk client?
https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3573.0
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

MrGrim

Hmm looks a little complicated. I'm not sure what it is they are talking about half the time, and I am a scientist who knows how to write computer code... Is there some kind of beginners guide to know what all this stuff is?