News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SIP registration problem? Disable SIP ALG in your router config.

Started by OBiSupport, November 19, 2010, 02:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APCgirl

Have had Obi with Anveo for over a year now, and it is suddenly offline? Can't figure out how to fix it, & have no idea why it suddenly changed. I have little experience with this, I literally set it up last year and haven't messed with it since.
Thank you in advance for any help!

drgeoff

Quote from: APCgirl on September 23, 2020, 01:51:22 PM
Have had Obi with Anveo for over a year now, and it is suddenly offline? Can't figure out how to fix it, & have no idea why it suddenly changed. I have little experience with this, I literally set it up last year and haven't messed with it since.
Thank you in advance for any help!
What is the state of the power LED?

Dial ***1.  What message is read out to you?

Dial **9 222 222 222.  What message do you hear?

APCgirl

The lights on the Obi are green, but it says offline on the website.

When I dial  ***1, says IP address is not available and the DHCP is enabled.

**9 222 222 222 says IP not available please review FAQ reason 00.

drgeoff

Quote from: APCgirl on September 23, 2020, 04:30:25 PM
The lights on the Obi are green, but it says offline on the website.

When I dial  ***1, says IP address is not available and the DHCP is enabled.

**9 222 222 222 says IP not available please review FAQ reason 00.

There is a contradiction between the first two of those.

Try this.  Power off both the OBi and your router. Wait 30 seconds before powering the router on again.  Then wait 3 minutes before powering on the OBi.  Answer my 3 questions again.

APCgirl

Ok, now power light is on, middle light is rapid flash, one with the phone icon has no light. ***1 is giving me my IP now but saying the DHCP is disabled.
**9...  now says no service available to complete the call.

drgeoff

Quote from: APCgirl on September 23, 2020, 05:04:28 PM
Ok, now power light is on, middle light is rapid flash, one with the phone icon has no light. ***1 is giving me my IP now but saying the DHCP is disabled.
**9...  now says no service available to complete the call.

Do you have another ethernet cable you could try between the OBi and router?  If yes try it, preferably into a different LAN socket on the router.  Unpower the OBi, wait 30 seconds and power up again.

APCgirl

I so appreciate your help!
Unfortunately, that didn't work either!
Same messages on both the numbers/starts to dial. And still says offline on the site.
Ugh.

drgeoff

I still cannot reconcile the symptoms you are reporting.  Initially DHCP was enabled.  Now it is not.  Yet all you have done in the meantime is power off and on again.

If DHCP is now disabled and the OBi is reporting an IP address then you must have set a static one.  Did you?  And if so what address did you give it?  There is no security risk with posting that address.

APCgirl

Hello,
I never reset it, I don't even know how.

I did however today open a ticket, still have gotten nowhere. I went ahead and deleted off my account. Now, it won't reconnect. I reset my router, with help, and I think it's just not getting to the router. I don't how to get it past a firewall, I tried plugging it right into the modem but that didn't work either. I know the ethernet cords I have tried work, I tested all of them on different hook ups.
Either it's a firewall (I guess) on the ASUS router, or the thing is broken. I have spent hours trying to fix it with the help of the support ticket, and got no where. I finally, like I said, just removed it and tried to reset it up.
Frustrating, and disappointed how much I have to know about this stuff to buy something that claims you just plug it in, click some buttons, and it works.... it did, at first. Who knows.  ??? :-\