News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

incoming call priority

Started by ahala, April 03, 2011, 05:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahala

If I have Google Voice forward calls to three numbers:1. Google Chat on SP1 of my OBI110; 2. a SIP CID number on SP2 of OBI110; and 3. PSTN phone line connected to the same OBI110. How can I set up the OBI100 inbound settings to control which line pick up the call first? (suppose I want to SP2> SP1>PSTN on picking up priority)  My current inbound settings are as below.  thanks!

ITSP InboundCallRoute:ph
OBiTALK InboundCallRoute: {(290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxxx):aa},{ph}
POTS-line InboundCallRoute: ph

RonR

Assuming all of your inbound calls are to be routed to the OBi's PHONE Port, it will be on a first come, first served basis.  The first call to hit the OBi will start ringing the PHONE Port.  Any other incoming calls will simply go nowhere for the time being.  If you answer the first call, I believe you'll then get a Call Waiting indication on the PHONE Port and can put the first call on hold and switch to the second using the Hook Flash.  If the first caller hangs up before you answer, then the second call will start ringing the PHONE Port.  The third call would follow the second as the second did the first.

Why would you have Google Voice forward to three incoming ports on the OBi in the first place?

ahala

Thanks RonR. I want this redundancy in case when I accidentally log on google chat from some computer so the SP2 line can still pick up the phone call. Another reason is that I have an IPKall number registered with GV, I want to keep this IPKall number by picking up calls through it sometime, so when I got my OBI110, I setup SP1 as google voice, and assiciated SP2 to this IPKALL number and forward GV to both SP1 and SP2.