News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outbound International calls via SP2

Started by faris98, April 12, 2013, 02:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

faris98

Can someone provide me with a quick and simple way to re-route international calls (011) via SP2 where I have a provider with cheaper rate?

SP1 remains with GoogleVoice for all other calls in the US and Canada

azrobert

Add the following to the beginning of Physical Interfaces ==> Phone Port ==> OutboundCallRoute:
{(011xx.):sp2},

faris98

Here is the current code in the OutboundCallRoute

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Laval

I apologize for my ignorance - I am a complete newbie. 
What am I supposed to do with this code, and why is it so much longer compared to {(011xx.):sp2}?
Thank you

faris98

Sorry for the confusion. I was just sharing my current code to azrobert before I make any changes to it. I wanted to see where his code will fit in my current one. My code is not a solution.

azrobert

It should look like this:
{(011xx.):sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

faris98

Did exactly like that. I'm getting the number has been rejected by your service provider. My service provider on SP2 is CallWithUs

Shale

Quote from: faris98 on April 13, 2013, 07:31:51 AM
Did exactly like that. I'm getting the number has been rejected by your service provider. My service provider on SP2 is CallWithUs
You can look at the call history in you OBi to see how the call was routed and what the number was.

You may have a history with your SIP provider also. It may explain why they would not handle the call for you. Make sure you have your account funded.

azrobert

I think CallWithUs doesn't use the "011" prefix. Try  this:
{(<011:>xx.):sp2

The above will strip the 011 before sending it to CallWithUs.

How many countries do you call? What are the country codes and how long are the numbers?

Edit:
The reason I'm asking is we can eliminate dialing the 011 by checking for the country codes.

faris98

Here is what the call history shows:

Call 2   04/13/2013    09:25:33   

Terminal ID   PHONE1   SP2
Peer Name      
Peer Number   011************   011************
Direction   Outbound   Outbound
09:25:33   New Call   
09:25:33      End Call (400 Content-Length mis-match)

faris98

I will try {(<011:>xx.):sp2
and let you know

faris98

Same result. I'm getting this int he Obi history (400 Content-Length mis-match)
No history in the service provider's website.

azrobert

Have you used CallWithUs with another device?

Can you post how you defined CallWithUs on SP2.

azrobert

Your config should look like this:

ISTP Profile B ==> SIP

ProxyServer: sip.callwithus.com

Voice Services ==> SP2 Service

X_ServProvProfile: B
AuthUserName: Your_UID
AuthPassword: Your_PW

hwittenb

Just to support Azrobert, I have Callwithus setup to register on SP2 and Azrobert's initial posting {(011xx.):sp2}, is a correct way to always send a 011+ call to Callwithus.  I ran a test and it works.  The sip 400 content length message is not that common.  Sip 400 is also sometimes called a "Bad Request".

It looks like there is an error somewhere else.

To troubleshoot the problem I would also try dialing your number two additional ways, as **2011xxxxxxxxxxx and also put it in a SpeedDial SP2(011xxxxxxxxxx).  If these methods do or not complete OK that could help pin down the location of your problem.

faris98

Thanks!
Just got your response while I was typing mine. I will go ahead and try dialing with **2

Here is what I was going to post:

Thanks for all the responses.

The code I added to Phone-> OutBoundCallRoute to route traffic via SP2 is working. I verified using the Obi History
{(011xx.):sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

But, I'm still getting a voice error that the number I dialed was rejected by service provider 400.
I tried CallWithUS using a Softphone and I'm able to dial just fine using 011

Ideas?

faris98

Tried dialing with **2011
I'm still getting a voice error that the number I dialed was rejected by service provider 400.

Shale

Quote from: faris98 on April 13, 2013, 02:50:27 PM

But, I'm still getting a voice error that the number I dialed was rejected by service provider 400.
I tried CallWithUS using a Softphone and I'm able to dial just fine using 011

Ideas?

I suggest you address the questions that azrobert asked about your configuration. Have you made any successful call (such as a domestic call) via CallWithUS? If not, maybe you should try a domestic call through them.

azrobert

I also have a CallWithUs account and we don't dial the 011 prefix. Apparently the 011 prefix is optional with them.

400 is an SIP error. Here is the description:
400 Bad Request: The request could not be understood due to malformed syntax.

I'm guessing this is not caused by an OBi configuration problem.
CallWithUs recommends turning off SIP ALG on the router and SIP ALG can cause strange things.
I don't have SIP ALG option on my router, so I can't tell you where to find it.

If that doesn't work I would open a Request Support with OBihai, unless somebody else can help you.

faris98

SOLVED!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
You were right on! I had to Disable SIP ALG on my router

Many thanks!