News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Strange Ring Patern

Started by Maplewoods, April 11, 2013, 08:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maplewoods

I have purchased several obi 202's

Phone #2 (of the Obi) rings as is typically as usual, as with any other normal landline type of ring pattern.

However Phone #1 rings with a strange ring pattern - as a series of short rings.

I am not aware of anything in the setup, which I may have done, to have caused that and my review of the setup and comparing Phone #1 ro Phone #2 I don't see the difference nor understand why there should be a difference in any setting.

Please look into it and let me know which setting needs to be changed to correct this and - step by step instructions how I can navigate to the point in the menu system to make the needed changes.

Thanks

Maplewoods

I'm surprised that, neither tech support nor anyone else knows what to do about this!

I've sent a trouble ticket and also no reply.

Shale

Quote from: Maplewoods on April 12, 2013, 08:54:29 AM
I'm surprised that, neither tech support nor anyone else knows what to do about this!
"Please look into it and let me know which setting needs to be changed to correct this and - step by step instructions how I can navigate to the point in the menu system to make the needed changes." That's seems like a lot of work. You are getting paid to set this up I expect. You might do better to ask something more limited that can get you going.

You did not even say whether this behavior was for one OBi or all. You did not say if you use OBiTalk to set things up, or something else.

Have you tried to make sense of http://www.obihai.com/OBiAdminGuide.htm ? I understand it has shortcomings. Look for X_DefaultRing, X_RingProfile as search terms to get you to related areas. I am just figuring out the ring pattern selection myself. If the problem was only on one OBi202, I might set that one back to factory defaults, and set it up again.

See if
Voice Service
 SPn
   X_DefaultRing

Helps. Alternatively, maybe it should be  see if
Voice Service
 SPn
   X_RingProfile

is set to the same for each  SPn. Ring Profile Parameter Guide table in the admin guide seems to be the mapping of numbers. Please post back what you learn.

CoalMinerRetired

Agree with the above.

Listen to what kind of ring you are getting, look in the manual (and the device's configuration) and determine what kind of call is causing it, -- X_DefaultRing, X_CallOnHoldRing, X_RepeatDialRing, X_BargeInRing, X_CallParkedRing.

Also, look in the device call history to see if you can deduce what kind of call is causing it.