News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Place of purchase

Started by Colic, April 10, 2013, 02:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colic

My apologies, I just cant find the specific answer to this question, although I do see people talking of use in Australia - the the OBI clearly works there.

My question is : if I purchase an OBI110 from the US but use it where I live, in Australia, will it be fully compatible? I cannot find any evidence I need a new power adapter or that any connections are different (I accept Ill have to buy a new wall plug). So I assume this can be done.

Apologies again for not being able to find the specific answer - I can only find that people use them in Australia, not that they purchased overseas.

many thanks

ianobi

Colic - welcome to the forum.

The power supply spec is very broad. It's the same power supply unit wherever you buy it, except the prongs for the mains supply socket vary dependant on country:

Power Supply Type Universal Switching with Fixed US, EU, UK or AU Style Plug Prongs (Model Dependent)
Input Power
AC Input: 100 to 240 Volts 0.3A 50-60Hz (26-34 VA) Output Power DC: +12V 1.0 Amp Max

Wherever you buy an OBi, the digit maps etc will be set for North American number formats. To speed up dialling and to set up the correct emergency numbers etc, you will need to do some configuring for Australian number formats. There's lots of examples on this forum and plenty of help here if you need it.

Colic

Thankyou for you reply - I received the device today and, for anyone reading this, I ordered it from Amazon and it took 6 days to get to Australia from placing the order. Highly recommended! I also had to make the country specific changes ianobi mentions, but they were straightforward using the link below (well, it doesnt work completely yet but that may be unrelated).

I have wrestled a little with setting the device up, and Im not sure where best to request help. So below is a duplicate of a support request Ive just lodged - I dont know if you are one and the same people, if not then maybe I'll await a support reply to avoid duplication .....

===================================================================
Hi.

Just received my Obi110 today. I live in Australia so configured it following http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=616.0. I have disabled SP2 as I currently use only one provider. I have used simpler dial plans than the above article but do not list them here as I do not believe they are relevant, and I also believe they work as I am able to make outbound calls.

So, yes, I can make outbound calls. And I can receive inbound calls via PSTN. But I cannot receive any inbound calls made to my Voip provider (MyNetPhone).

I also have a MyNetPhone ATA (Mitron MNFMv1). This works in all aspects (inbound, outbound etc). It is connected to a LAN port on my firewall/router (Netgear WNDR3300) which has the spi firewall turned on but NO port forwarding is necessary. The OBi plugs into the same port so I deduce the lack of incoming calls cannot be a firewall issue.

The only parameter I can see that might prevent incoming calls is the SPService parameter X_InboundCallRoute which is set to default (ph).

What else should I check or could I change to try to get incoming calls?

Of lesser importance, but next on the list, outgoing caller id works with the Mitron box. It does not work with the Obi110 and comes up as "private" on the recipients phone. The caller id spoofing is the only thing I can see that might affect this, and that is set to default.

many thanks for any help.

Colin

Colic

For anyone finding this thread (unlikely since Im probably off topic by now!), this issue turned out to be a provider issue at their end (MyNetPhone Australia) who replied as follows:

The inbound issue was something on our end, the number was still attached to
your Mitron device, i've swapped it over it should work now, should be working

C