News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

FRITZ!Box 7390 and ObI202: how to link?

Started by Vegetus, April 29, 2013, 04:34:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vegetus

Hi there!

I have an AVM FRITZ!Box 7390 VoIP router, one ObI202 and one ObI110.
The FRITZ! is a DECT base station too, therefore phones in my home won't need wired connections. With the ObI202 I had to use a telephone wire and a new dedicated phone.
I know on the forum there are several posts about how to link an ObI device to Asterisk and a lot of suggestion in order to transfer a call to other VoIP/POTS thelephone numbers but I would like to achieve another goal: setup the ObI202 as a SIP provider.
By routing ports, the FRITZ!Box can register itself to Asterisk in my LAN by using UserName and Password, Registrar: mydomain.net:5061 but I wasn't able to figure out how to setup the ObI202 to accept registration _from_ the Internet.
Is there any goodwill SIP Guru willing to help? I'm sure the topic could sound interesting for a lot of ObI users.

Thank You.

hwittenb

Quote from: Vegetus on April 29, 2013, 04:34:07 AM
but I wasn't able to figure out how to setup the ObI202 to accept registration _from_ the Internet.

The OBi202, or any other OBi adapter for that matter, is not a sip server, they are sip clients.  It is possible to call an OBi adapter without registration, but it is not possible to have the OBi respond to a sip register request from another client.  It is possible to call the phone attached to the OBi202 and it is also possible to setup the OBi to bridge an incoming call to one of the OBi's outgoing trunks.  To call the OBi, however, you need to have a sip client that will make calls without registration.

Vegetus

QuoteThe OBi202, or any other OBi adapter for that matter, is not a sip server, they are sip clients.  It is possible to call the phone attached to the OBi202 and it is also possible to setup the OBi to bridge an incoming call to one of the OBi's outgoing trunks.  To call the OBi, however, you need to have a sip client that will make calls without registration.

Thank you for the reply.
Few years ago by using pbxes.com services and a Sipura3000 I was easily able to route calls to my home PSTN. As you say, pbxes was instructed to make calls without registration.
On the PSTN Line of the SPA3000 I had user name and password:
Pbxes: Hello mydomain.net:5061
SPA3000: Hello. Who are you?
Pbxes: I'm user name and I have password
SPA3000: Welcome. I'm ready to serve you
Pbxes: serve me the telephone number 1234567890

Can you help me to understand how to achieve the same as above by using ObI202 or ObI110?

hwittenb

Quote from: Vegetus on April 29, 2013, 04:01:21 PM

Can you help me to understand how to achieve the same as above by using ObI202 or ObI110?

I don't follow your PBXes hello routine, however ...

If you want to dial phone calls from an a PBXes extension out to a SPA3000 attached to a pstn home phone line  at your home you setup the the SPA3000 as an outgoing trunk on PBXes and setup the voip-to-pstn line Gateway with http digest authentication using a symbolic ip address for the SPA3K.  On the PBXes extension you dial the number, it is routed to the SPA3000 and with one-stage dialing the SPA3000 dials the number on the attached PSTN line (FXO) port.

You want to do the same sort of thing with an OBi202 communicating to an OBi110 which has a PSTN Line attached to the OBi110's Line port ....

First you setup the OBi202 Phone Port OutBoundCallRouting so when you dial a certain number pattern you send the call to the OBi110.  The easiest way to do this is put the call over the OBiTalk Network to the OBiNumber of the OBi110.  OBihai designed and tested this method and it works pretty much without grief.  It is possible to also do this with direct ip calling using the ip address and port number and the sip protocol, bypassing the OBiTalk Network, but you run the risk of having to troubleshoot all kinds of OBi problems when it comes to ip addresses either local network or external with the problems causing audio problems.  With the direct ip calling you also may need to forward ports in your router.  OBihai did not design, test, or document this latter method, but it can be done.

Second on the receiving OBi110 you setup the InboundCallRoute to dial the sent number on the OBi110's Line port.  The InboundCallRoute will be either on the OBiTalk Service or the SPx Service you are using if you chose to use direct ip calling.

If you meant you want to do this with PBXes involved I would approach it differently.  PBXes has a recent innovation called a SubPBX and I would register the OBi110 to the SubPBX.