News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Best Option for Second Number Service Provider?

Started by Landsailor, April 16, 2013, 12:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Landsailor

Howdy,

New OBi202 user here. This little box is a technological wonder!

I just ported two numbers out of Vonage (my circa 1999 landline number and a 870 area code Virtual Number that is local to my folks) to T-Mobile. I started the process on April 11 and my landline was ported to GV on April 15. The VN just hit my cellphone today. Not too shabby, overall!

SP1: My Google Voice account
SP2: Open
SP3: Open
SP4: Anveo E911

Today, I realized that you can only port one number into Google Voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92NQjMXB19w

So, the question is "What should I do with the Virtual Number?"

1. Port it to my wife's Google Voice account which becomes SP2. ($20 port, $0 monthly cost)

2. Set the calls to forward to my main number and pay T-Mobile $5/month forever (same price as the Vonage VN)

3. Use another carrier like CallCentric, Anveo, Localphone, etc. (I doubt we would ever use that phone for calls, but I do like the idea of having a redundant VOIP provider.) Service provider opinions welcomed, too!

4. YOUR IDEA HERE

I do like the idea of having that phone number ring to Line 2 so we can instantly tell who's calling. We already have a two line phone, so that would be pretty handy.

I'm continuing to read the Forum, but figured I would get a better answer from the experienced users.

Thanks in advance!
Jason

carl

You have no provider on SP 3 you can put your wife's  GV account there  and you can set it up that it will ring your two line phone on line 2.  I use 2 GV accounts, Localphone and Callcentric.  You can get free NYC DID from Callcentric or an unlimited incoming US DID from Localphone for 99c/month. Since you already have Anveo I would suggest Localphone here.