News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi110 seven digit dialing delayed

Started by Nodistortion, July 24, 2013, 01:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodistortion

Hello,

Noob first post.

I added {(xxxxxxx):li},{(1xx.):sp1}   to -> Physical Interfaces -> PHONE parameter "OutboundCallRoute"  and I can dial seven digit numbers on POTS/PSTN line, but there is about a 15 second delay before it dials.

After the change, the "OutboundCallRoute" field nows looks like this:

{(xxxxxxx):li},{(1xx.):sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Also have Physical Interfaces -> Line -> DigitMap set as:

([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|18xxxxxxxxx)

How can I remove the delay with out having to dial # when dialing a seven digit number?

ianobi

I think the key to your problem is to do with Primary Line. The default for the OBi110 is:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

This would suit your Line Port DigitMap quite well. I'm guessing that when you set up a provider on sp1 (GV?) that you checked the box to make that your Primary Line.

When you dial a number with no ** codes, the only rules used in Phone Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute (at default) are the rules with pli and Mpli in them – primary line and DigitMap for Primary Line.

I'm guessing how you want things to work, but let me suggest this and you can fine tune or ask more as you go:

Reset these to default (if not already):

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Change this as follows:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
([2-8]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|18xxxxxxxxx|<**1>1[2-7,9]xxxxxxxxx)

911 is a special case and is sent direct to Line Port with no reference to digit maps using this rule in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute {(<#:>|911):li}.

Three digits starting 2 to 8 followed by 11 will be sent direct to Line Port.
Seven digits starting 2 to 9 will be sent direct to Line Port.
Eleven digits starting 18 will be sent direct to Line Port.

Eleven digits starting with 1, second digit 2 to 7 or 9, will have **1 prepended to it. This is done in Mpli in the Phone Port DigitMap. Then the number will be processed by the the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute where this rule {(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1} will match the number with Msp1 digitmap, remove the **1 and send the number out on sp1.

There should be no delays in this setup caused by digit maps. However, remember that the Line Port has to dial DTMF tones for each digit out to the PSTN line, so that will take a few seconds. You may be able to cut this delay by shortening the dtmf tones using these settings:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DialDigitOnTime: 200
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DialDigitOffTime: 200

I reduced both to 80ms and it works fine, but this depends on your PSTN line.

I hope this short intro to all things OBi has not been too boring or confusing   :)

Nodistortion

Ianobi,

Wow, Thank You, most helpful reply I think I have received on a forum. Basically, I am trying to get my OBi110 to use the line port with PSTN to dial all local numbers and toll free numbers, but use google voice for all long distance.  By no means boring and a great explanation, I am kicking myself for not starting this sooner. I have to head to work, but will make the adjustments hopefully tonight or next morning and post back. 

Nodistortion

I made the changes and the dialing delay is non existent now.  One thing that I noticed is that non local 850 calls are still routed via Line Port because my area code is 850.

I think it due to this DigitMap

([2-8]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|18xxxxxxxxx|<**1>1[2-7,9]xxxxxxxxx)

What is the best way optimize the DigitMap to allow toll free numbers 800, 855, 866, 877, 888, to route through line port and send the long distance through the google voice phone port?

Something like this:

([2-8]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|18[0,5,7,8][0,5,7,8]xxxxxxxxx|<**1>1[2-7,9]xxxxxxxxx)

This is not correct because it would pass non local 850 numbers to line port. I am going to do some Forum and Admin guide reading.  Is there a way to do OR's with toll free numbers  like 800 or 855 or 866 or 877 or 888 xxxxxxxxx ?

Ianobi thanks for the post on how to get rid of delay.  

ianobi

Try this:

([2-8]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx)

I think that you will find better examples in the forum than in the Admin Guide!

Nodistortion

Ianobi.  This statement works great.

([2-8]11|[2-9]xxxxxx|18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx)

You are right about the forum vs guide.   

Now I need to give this a good test run.

Thanks again.