News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Landline to GoPhone to GV?

Started by dromel, April 17, 2013, 08:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixrealms

Rick,

Of course, you are again correct. The topic is Porting to GV. The forum discussions have concerned the 2 step process of porting a land line number to GV.

We are porting a number to GV because we have a reason to use GV. My additional comments are related to the fact that CCF is needed to use GV, and TracFone is a cell service provider that does not provide CCF. I apologize to you for disturbing the flow of your forum, and I'll now leave your forum.

Rick

I guess if you're leaving the forum I don't need to respond, but I will because I think your post is very confusing.

If you want to port your number to Google Voice, you can do that.  CCF doesn't come into the discussion.

If you want to KEEP a cell number but have GV provide the voicemail capability, then CCF forwards the call to GV should you not answer it.  Apparently TracFone doesn't support this, so therefore, if you have TracFone as your cell provide AND WANT TO KEEP IT, but you WANT TO USE GV FOR YOUR VOICEMAIL, you can't.