News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Landline Through OBi to IP Phone

Started by andrew.perrong, April 19, 2013, 01:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andrew.perrong

Hello!
I would like to set up my Obi 110 so that I can receive incoming calls that come into my home through POTS on a digital ip phone. I tried the guides at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5668.0, https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1250.0, and http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=502.msg7766#msg7766, but I am in a little bit of a problem.
There seems to be some conflicting information on how this would work. Not only that, but my biggest issue is that I have no idea what authentication credentials I should use on my ip phone (Grandstream GXP2200). How would this phone connect to the SIP on the OBi? FYI... my local ip for the phone is 192.168.1.10, and the obi is 192.168.1.16.

I hope you can help me get these credentials and config in order, and perhaps guide me to how to place a landline call through the IP phone, if possible. No other functionality (Google Voice or the additional phone port) would be needed. Thank you in advance.

azrobert

To call directly from your IP phone to the OBi110 the IP phone must be able to make outbound calls without registration. I believe the GXP2200 can call out without registration.

Also, assuming you have GV on SP1 then SP2 must be defined as SIP.

If SP2 is not defined, setup a dummy SIP definition like this:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (any userid)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

Do the following to setup outbound calling from IP Phone to the Line Port.

Replace your Voice Services -> SP2 Service ->  X_InboundCallRoute with following:
{(andrew)>(1xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxx):li},{ph}

Do the following to route inbound calls from the Line Port to the OBi110 Phone port and the IP Phone.

Replace your Line Port InboundCallRoute with following:
{ph,sp2(andrew@192.168.1.10:5060)}

This assumes the port number on the IP phone is 5060.

IP Phone credentials:
Proxy Server: 192.168.1.16:5061
UserID: andrew

andrew.perrong

Thank you so much... only there seems to be a little issue.
I set it up, and it seemed to work, but the phone did not ring. Under call history, it had the call I made, and 404, not found. Checked my phone and it was on a different port, so I changed it to 5060. After that, it did not work, so I did a factory reset.

Now, my calls are not even showing up in the call history (0 found). It does not seem the OBI is even forwarding the call now. However, in "phone and line status" my caller id and the phone show as ringing when the phone rings.

azrobert

I'm confused on what worked and what didn't. Did outbound calls work, but inbound calls not ring the IP phone?

For inbound calls to work "andrew@192.168.1.10:5060" must match the IP address and port number of your IP phone. You can change the above port number to match the IP phone, instead of changing the IP phone port.

How are you configuring the OBi110? Are you using OBiTalk or directly with the Web interface?
Check the OBi110 to make sure all the changes you made are still there. Let me know it the changes have disappeared.

I have no knowledge of your IP Phone, so I can't help you configure it.

andrew.perrong

I did not even try outbound calls.
That is what I have... but the issue seems to be that the OBi does not "know" to route the call there, since nothing in its logs even indicates it is TRYING to ring that IP. I can use a softphone to ring my phone no problem.
I am configuring using the Web interface at 192.168.1.16.
The changes remain, and I did restart.

azrobert

I'm sorry. I made a mistake in the code.
It should look like this:
{ph,sp2(andrew@192.168.1.10:5060)}

I'm going to modify my original post.

andrew.perrong

Wow! It works great inbound, thanks... any way to forward the caller id, though?
I will need to play around with my grandstream to get outbound to work, but thanks a bunch!

azrobert

Quote from: andrew.perrong on April 20, 2013, 08:28:57 AM
any way to forward the caller id, though?

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP
X_SpoofCallerID: Checked