News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 Endpoints Google Voice 202 and 110?

Started by tdfranke, April 20, 2013, 04:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tdfranke

Referencing this link, does anyone know if you can now use the OBI110 and the OBI202 for 2 separate endpoints on the same Google Voice Number? 

http://blog.obihai.com/2012/11/obi202-pre-release-software-rings.html

Do I have to have 2 x OBI202 devices?  I have a 202, and a 110, but it seems that when I log into my GV account on the 202, it no longer rings (incoming) on the 110.  If I delete the account on the 202, and then re-login to the 110, incoming works on the 110...

azrobert

Assumes both devices have GV on SP1 and are connected to the OBiTalk network.

On OBi202
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
Change ph to {ph,pp(ob200110110)}

On OBi110
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
Change ph to {ph,pp(ob200202202)}

200110110 is the OBi number of the OBi110.
200202202 is the OBi number of the OBi202.

This is called call forking. When a call comes in on one device it's also sent to the other. This way it doesn't matter which device receives the call. I believe the last device to log into GV will receive the calls. I'm forking in both directions in case there is a power outage and incoming calls switch to the OBi that reboots.

There is another way of doing this if both devices are on the same LAN.

I'm guessing you would need 2 OBi202s to use the pre-release software, but maybe if you use it the OBi202 would always receive the calls and you would only have to fork inbound calls to the OBi110.

tdfranke

Thanks for the tip.  Seems to work, however now the obi attendant picks up vs going direct to the phone.  Can that be changed?

azrobert

In Voice Services -> OBiTalk  -> InboundCallRoute
Do you have something like {(200110110):aa}
If you do remove it.

tdfranke

No, nothing like that, just {ph,pp(200200200)} where 200200200 is the obi number..

Shale

If you use OBiTalk, try removing that number from the circle of trust by clicking Trusted Callers, and then clicking the red X beside the number that you don't want to access the OBi Attendent.

I understand the anomaly in offering this suggestion.

tdfranke

Thanks for the input, I actually don't have any numbers listed in the circle of trust...  I am assuming you are suggesting just removing them if they are there, but I don't have any there...

tdfranke

I did a little more testing on this..  A couple points:

I have no numbers listed in my Circle of Trust.

"Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:"
is set to {ph,pp(xxxxxxxxx)} and {ph2,pp(yyyyyyyyy)}, nothing listed for the aa option.

It seems that the "forked to" obi always picks up with the auto attendant.

Shale

How about
"Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:"  on the "forked to" obi?

tdfranke

Figured it out..   You have to remove the default inbound call route for OBITalk, so that it includes ONLY ph, or ph2, and does not include any auto attendant references.. The default for OBITalk has aa stuff in it.