News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot dial out with OBi100 - Callcentric SOLVED!

Started by RadioChuck, March 21, 2014, 08:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RadioChuck

I am able to receive inbound calls and calls from other Callcentric extensions within my account, but I cannot dial out to an extension or external number using any of my 3 OBi100s.

When I attempt an outbound call, the voice says "The number you dialed 12605551212 has not received a response from the service provider." Obviously that's a made up number but you get the idea.  I have 3 OBi100 devices and they all seem to be having the same issue.  My Grandstream phones can call out just fine.

I have tried fiddling with the dial plan on the OBi100 devices, to no avail.  I also tried removing them from my OBiTalkj account and configuring them manually according to the Callcentric instructions, but it's still a no go.

If anyone can offer any suggestions on what I might try next, I'd appreciate the help.

Thanks!

drgeoff

Its worth a check to see what numbers the OBis are actually sending to the service provider.  Use your browser to look at the OBi's local web management pages. Click the '+' to the left of 'Status' and then click on 'Call History'.

RadioChuck

Good suggestion. It seems to be sending the number (and nothing else) exactly as I've dialed. 1260xxxxxxx

RadioChuck

The solution is this (as suggested by Callcentric support)...

On my Netgear WNDR3400v2 router the "Disable SIP ALG" option was unchecked. After I checked that option (thus disabling SIP ALG) and rebooted the router, everything worked properly and I am now able to make outbound calls.

giqcass

Quote from: RadioChuck on March 22, 2014, 05:30:42 AM
The solution is this (as suggested by Callcentric support)...

On my Netgear WNDR3400v2 router the "Disable SIP ALG" option was unchecked. After I checked that option (thus disabling SIP ALG) and rebooted the router, everything worked properly and I am now able to make outbound calls.
Where is the fun in it if you are gonna post your problem and then solve it yourself? No fair you had a head start on us!  ;)

Welcome to the forum. What type of Radios does RadioChuck like? There are a couple Amateur radio enthusiast (hams) on here.
Long live our new ObiLords!