News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI100 with Tomato Router setup troubleshooting

Started by weeple2000, April 21, 2013, 12:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weeple2000

I am trying to set up my OBI100 with my tomato router.  I have the obi plugged into my router and the phone plugged into my obi.  My power light is on, the light in the middle flickers green, and the light on the right side of the OBI will come on very temporarily while it is being powered on, but is otherwise off.  I have tried adding the OBI to my DMZ, which did not help.

I am unable to dial **9 222-222-222 to reach the Echo Test Server.  I believe that this is the first step.

Any ideas?

MikeHObi

If you were to connect the obi directly to your internet connection, can you then dial the echo number?

Here are details off my config for an obi202 plugged into my router.  It's a very old build of DD-WRT, but it's stable and functional.

Obi connected to a port on a back of a Linksys WRT610Nv2 which is a router connect to the internet.
DD-WRT v24-sp2 (05/21/10) big - build 14471M NEWD-2 K2.6 Eko
Providing DHCP (addresses over 100) Obi is on a static IP address (9).
WAN Connection - Automatic DHCP, STP is disabled
MTU set to 1492
DNSMasq is enabled for DHCP and DNS
Router is operating in Gateway mode.
SPI firewall is enabled
Anonymous WAN Requests are blocked
Multicast is filtered
IDENT is filtered
VPN passthrough has
IPSec passthrough enabled
PPTP Passthrough enabled
LZTP Passthrough enabled
No access policy in effect
No blocked p2p protocols.
UPnP Service is enabled
DMZ is disabled
QoS is disabled
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

azrobert

The phone port light won't come on until you define a trunk and register it to a provider.

The echo test requires you to register your OBi to the OBiTalk network.

Sign on to your OBi via the Web.
Click on Status then click System Status.
On the bottom of the page the OBitalk Status should be "Normal(User Mode)". 

If you have not registered your OBi to OBiTalk:
Register your email ID here: http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/
Sign into OBiTalk
On the left side of page click ADD DEVICE.
Follow instructions.

giqcass

I never registered my Obi and I can dial the echo server.   ???
Long live our new ObiLords!

azrobert

Quote from: giqcass on April 21, 2013, 10:37:30 PM
I never registered my Obi and I can dial the echo server.   ???

I apologize for the misinformation.

It makes sense now that I think about it.
You can contact the server to add a device therefore you can contact the server before you add a device.

weeple2000

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for the responses.  It turned out to be a problem with the actual phone itself.  The phone was set to exclusively be used as a bluetooth extension for cell phones, the landline functionality was disabled.  I turned that back on and it worked. 

Right now the Obi is set up in the DMZ.  Should I change that and use port forwarding?

MikeHObi

As long as the Obi is only connected to your phone network and not your internal network, leaving it in the DMZ is not a problem.  Just make sure you have a secure password for the administration of the device.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.