News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

configuring outbound caller ID on Obi100 with voip.ms local calling in Canada

Started by Daniel514, April 22, 2013, 07:50:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel514

Hi all,

I set up an Obi100 in February for a client, and I manage their VoIP service also. I have them set up on voip.ms and things have been pretty good. Apparently though the outbound caller ID isn't working. Since these are calls within Canada, the CNAM lookup that's done in the US doesn't apply. On the voip.ms portal I have the phone number set up for outbound Caller ID number, but can't set the name there.

I found this: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5352.0

This is exactly what I need, but there's no instructions on how to set the Caller ID on ObiTalk, and I can't seem to find it. Where is this set? Do I have to go into the advanced settings?

Any help is most appreciated.

Thanks,
Daniel

QBZappy

Try it here:
Voice Services->SPX Service->Calling Features->CallerIDName
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

hgeorges

I don't think I've done anything to enable the caller ID. But I struggled with it for a while, until I found out that the CID is not guaranteed by voipms on their Value routing. It is a hit and miss - Rogers is not picking it up, and I'm not sure about Bell. Windmobile is receiving it and displaying the CID on calls from my voipms account. As soon as I've upgraded to the Premium service, my  caller ID showed up on Rogers phones.
Since I didn't want to pay for the premium service I reverted back to Value, and got used to the fact that my caller ID is not always getting through and the call might not be answered...

hg