News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

IPTel with my own domain

Started by RichStevenson, April 22, 2013, 08:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichStevenson

The main purpose for my OBI100 was to connect to my Google Voice account. That works great. Now I decided to connect my SIP to SP2. I used iptel.org to create the SIP number. I also used their service to host it on my own domain. I created the SRV record, registered with iptel, and connected with two different soft phones, and it works.

Now I'm trying to configure SP2 on the Obi and keep receiving the error: Register Failed: No Response From Server.

The server it shows is in fact my web server, but like I said before it works with the soft phones.

To try to figure out where the problem lies, I created a second account at iptel.org. This time using their domain iptel.org. With that account, I can configure the Obi without issues. So it seems to be related to how Obi is using the SRV record on my server to get back to iptel.org

Anyone have any ideas on how to get this to work, or what I might be doing incorrectly?

Thanks,
Rich

RichStevenson

Never mind. After posting I had another idea to try when configuring SP2 and it worked.

Instead of entering my domain name in both the Service Provider Proxy Server and the Outbound Proxy Server fields, I entered it only in the Service Provider Proxy Server, and entered iptel.org in the Outbound Proxy Server.

RichStevenson

Ok sorry guys, kinda re-asking this again. With the above change, I can receive calls. Now I want to place outgoing calls using the SIP service on SP2. Since I changed it to iptel.org, iptel doesn't allow me to make a call. This is due to the fact that my login name with them uses my domain I suppose.

So I'm sorta of still were I was at before, except I can receive calls, just can't make them because I use my own domain for my SIP address.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rich

RichStevenson

wow, I should just type my quesitons in Word instead of posting because everytime I post I think of something else to try!

I set the outbound proxy to sip.iptel.org instead of iptel.org, and that resolved it.

Sorry for unneeded posts...