News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Do I need an additional SP?

Started by bliw, April 24, 2013, 12:10:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bliw

Do I need an additional SP (a new obi device) to achieve the following? Or do we have any other workarounds?

Following is my setup

Number1: My Tmobile number
Number2: My GV number
Number3: Wife's Tmobile number
Number4: Wife's GV number
Number5: My work number

Home Obi100 device setup
SP1: Number 4
SP2: Nymgo for cheap international

Calls to Number4 is set to ring Number 4(set as Obi SP1) & Number3 always in google voice settings

I use a thrid party app on android to change Google voice settings to ring home/work based on my geo location. Calls to Number2 is set to ring Number1 & Number5 when I'm in office.

But, When I'm at home, I want calls to Number2 to Ring both Number1 & my home phone. I cannot achieve this because Google does not allow forwarding calls to another GV number.

Restrictions:
1. I cannot forward it to a temp Callcentric number as my SP1 and SP2 on Obi are already used up.
2. I cannot replace SP1 with a CallCentric as I want to use that phone for outgoing calls

I used to use a Vonage line earlier and Google used to forward calls to that Vonage number. I did not know about this restriction in Google voice.

giqcass

You could get a free DID number from ipkall or callcentric and set them to forward to the OBi100 sip address for free.  You may also be able to set nymgo up as a gateway.  Then it won't use a service provider slot and you could put callcentric in that slot.
Long live our new ObiLords!

noobee

- how to forward calls for free using Callcentric? I don't think that's possible. I tried that using call treatments option and I believe free forwarding is not included within free products.

How to set nymgo as gateway?

Curious!

giqcass

Free forwarding is possible if you are forwarding to a sip address.  Yourname@your.ip.address:5061

Here is some info about using a gateway.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4977.0

You would put callcentric in slot 2 and set nymgo as a gateway.

noobee

Thanks!
Is the IP address mentioned under WAN Status against "IP Address".

It appears to be generic like - 192.168.1.102

Or does it appear somewhere else?

giqcass

bliw

Thank You for your suggestions. I'm trying the 2nd option that you gave.

Setup SP2 as Callcentric

Added voice gateway1 as

Enable: <enabled>
Name: Nymgo1
AccessNumber: SP2(ata.nymgo.com)
DigitMap: (xx.)
AuthUserID: <nymgo user id>
AuthPassword: <nymgo password>

Also, on Physical interfaces -> Phone:

PHONE Port

DigitMap: ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg1)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutboundCallRoute: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg1)):vg1},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I'm thinking I may not have entirely setup the gateway properly. I'm getting a message "Your service provider rejected the call 403" when I dial and international no. like **300xxxxxxxxxxxx

giqcass

I had to set mine up like this

SP2(ata.nymgo.com;ui=userid:password)

For me the password and user id did not appear to be passed properly till I added them to the string.  

Other values can also be added as part of the string like stun.

You could also set up your dial plan so all international calls are routed through nymgo without the **3 code.

noobee

Quote from: giqcass on April 24, 2013, 04:05:24 PM
Type whats my ip in google.

could not get this to work.

Found out IP address using whats my ip address link.
Added the xyz@<myipaddress>:5060 in the CallCentric Call Treatments section to forward all calls to my OBI via SIP URI.

I cannot get my Obi phone to ring.  What am I doing wrong here?

noobee

Do I need to set up static IP on my Obi? If so, how?

giqcass

If you didn't change the defaults

:5060 = SP1
:5061 = SP2
:5062 = SP3
:5063 = SP4

The service provider you are forwarding to must be set up as a sip service.  You May need to set up port forwarding.  In callcentric I would go to preferences >> DID forwarding and enter it there instead of using call treatments.  Then I would turn off Call treatments.  

Dynamic DNS can be utilized.

noobee

Quote from: giqcass on April 24, 2013, 08:14:28 PM
If you didn't change the defaults

:5060 = SP1
:5061 = SP2
:5062 = SP3
:5063 = SP4

The service provider you are forwarding to must be set up as a sip service.  You May need to set up port forwarding.  In callcentric I would go to preferences >> DID forwarding and enter it there instead of using call treatments.  Then I would turn off Call treatments.  

Dynamic DNS can be utilized.

Still can't get it to work :(

Enabled DID Fwd, disabled call treatments.
Changed port to 5061, as my SP2 is on SIP (with Nymgo)
When I call from my cellphone, I don't get any ring, but I can see incoming call in my callcentric history.

giqcass

Did you set up port forwarding on your router?

noobee

Quote from: giqcass on April 24, 2013, 08:26:13 PM
Did you set up port forwarding on your router?

Sorry, not sure how to do that, Is that on Router or Obi?  and How? :(

giqcass

If this is your Obi ip address is 192.168.1.102  Then log in to your router which you can probably do by typing 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of you internet browser.

What you do from there depends on your actual router.  Each one is slightly different but  Port 5061 on your router needs to be forwarded to your Obi ip address. 192.168.1.102:5061

noobee

Here's what I see on my router page.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

giqcass

Assuming 192.168.1.102 is your Obi:
External port 5061
Internal Port 5061
Protocol Both
To ip address 102
Enabled X
Application name = Something descriptive like Obi Sp2

noobee

Thanks for all your help, but it still does not work for me. :(

When I call my callcentric free NY number, I don't hear any ring, no error message, no voicemail, but I can see the incoming call in the call history on callcentric account.

Not sure what could be wrong here!

Another interesting thing is, when I make a single call from my cell, in the Callcentric history I see 2-3 incoming calls from my cell number, at the same time.  Is there some congestion issue, or, settings problem?

giqcass

I would make sure the port forwarding and sip address are all correct.  Try calling your obi via sip uri.  http://www.flaphone.com/  can be used for this. 

Add a contact to flapphone username@your.ip.address:5061  Then call it.

The username part isn't important the Obi will ignore it anyway.  You could use any sip program to make the call.  The one I suggested is web based and it doesn't require installation.  If you get the call then you know it's a callcentric issue.  Let me know if it works and we can go from there.

noobee

Tried calling the same SIP address using Flapphone, but my phone is not ringing.

Here's the port forwarding set up on my router.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us