News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help! How to ring the obi and obion at the same time

Started by orangelau, April 25, 2013, 11:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangelau

Hi:

I m new to use the obi110.
I have a question about how to ring the obi 110 and obion app in my android phone at the same time when a call from PSTN phone line, so I can answer the call anywhere when they call my home line

Thx

ianobi

Orangelau – welcome to the forum.

Make the following changes in your OBi110:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute:
{ph,pp(ob290123456)}

Where 290123456 is your OBiON softphone number. This will ring the local OBi110 phone and fork the call to your OBiON app. Whichever answers first will connect to the incoming call.

Make the changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi110 number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.

dircom

I would like to do this also

below my current inbound call route
{(x.trustedcellphnnumber|'trustedemailusername'):aa},{ph}

would my new route be this?
{(x.trustedcellphnnumber|'trustedemailusername'):aa},{ph,pp(ob290123456)}

thanks

ianobi

dircom

after reading how the app does not deal well with inbound calls,
I think I will just let GV ring the various phn #'s I have
and just use the app to make outbound calls if I ever traveled outside of the USA

although GV will only let you fwd one GV # to one cell phone
and I have 3 GV #'s

orangelau

It's done, Thanks! :)
If I try to forward the incoming call to two another devices, how can I add the numbers?

ianobi

In theory this is how to do it:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute:
{ph,pp(ob290123456),pp(ob290123457),pp(ob290123458)}

However, I do not know if OBiTALK will accept three calls at the same time. In any event you would have to change:

Voice Services > OBiTALK Service > Calling Features > MaxSessions from its default 2 to 4. In theory this will then allow four simultaneous calls.

The maximum number of devices allowed using "call forking" is 4 and "ph" counts as one, so that's your limit.

If the above does not work, you could "daisy chain" the devices if the second one is an OBi device, not an OBiON/OBiAPP. Get the first to forward to the second and the second to forward to the third.

Let us know how you get on. It will be interesting to see if OBiTALK allows 3 simultaneous calls. I know it allows for two like most voip providers.

orangelau

(1)It's got strange, it has only done once, then it will be changed automatically back to default setting again.
(2)it will be changed to the default setting everytime when I change other parameters .

orangelau

N I have another question is:
I call a phone no. that it use the auto-answering machine, then I need to choose some option like languages: press 1 for english 
                press 2 for portuguese
                press 3 for chinese
but when I press any key eg: 1,2 or 3, there is no response on the phone, I can't choose any option, how can I solve it?
Thanks

ianobi

Quoteit will be changed to the default setting everytime when I change other parameters .

Your settings are being overwritten. Please follow this method of making changes carefully:

QuoteMake the changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi110 number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.

Quotewhen I press any key eg: 1,2 or 3, there is no response on the phone, I can't choose any option, how can I solve it?

This is most likely due to DTMF problems - the tones you send when pressing phone buttons. Here's a good explanation:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3281.msg21920#msg21920

orangelau

The DTMF problem is solved by your refer link, Thanks.

But the ring solution does not always work perfectly on mobile obion app, sometimes ring only. It can be rung maximum on four devices including my obi110 at the same time.

Thanks for your help!

paix

can I also do this with  my obi100   ?

if so, how do  I get to "physical interfaces" from the dashboard, my obi no is greyed out for example