News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

receiving incoming calls on SP1, making calls (outbound) on the gateway?

Started by hgeorges, April 26, 2013, 05:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hgeorges

Hello;
I have an obi100, set with one provider on SP1, no provider yet declared on SP2 (planning to get GV in there) and a 3rd declared in the gateways section.

My question is, if with the current setup (programmed and working as is), instead of dialing **3 to select gv1 for outbound calls, I can declare the gv1 as default for all outgoing calls, except 911, which needs to go on SP1.

(I assume that if I would move gv1 provider into SP2, and declare it default, then it would take care of the outbound calling, but I would still need to address 911 calls routed properly).

Thank you for your help!
hg

ianobi

This setup should work. It does not need **3 to be dialled. Also, it leaves sp2 free for future use.

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: SP1 Sevice
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Mvg1)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{911:sp1},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Mvg1)):vg1},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(<**3>(Mvg1))

This makes all outgoing calls go via Voice Gateway 1 and does not allow any calls, except 911, to go out via sp1.

911 is treated as a special case and is routed direct to sp1 using this rule {911:sp1} in the OutboundCallRoute.

You might want to consider changing Voice Gateway1 > DigitMap. If you are using the default (xx.) you will find a ten second delay after dialling any number. Matching dialled numbers would be better. Depending on what your voip provider expects to receive, maybe something like:

Voice Services > Gateways and Trunk Groups > Voice Gateway1 > DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>[2-9]xxxxxxS4|011xx.|xx.)
Replace aaa with your local code.

hgeorges