News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

unblock anonymous?

Started by ckck, April 27, 2013, 11:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ckck

I have a relative who hides his number when making calls. When he calls me he always gets a busy signal.

I use voip.ms and the call shows up through their call record as "Anonymous", yet never makes it into my Obi 100's call history.

I found my Obi's AnonymousCallBlockEnable in various places, but it is unchecked.

Is there another setting to allow calls from "Anonymous"?

Better yet, is there a way to accept his calls while rejecting other calls that are announced as "Anonymous"?

Thanks!

Everton

VOIP,ms has the capability to block  "Anonymous" calls, so sign into your account and unchecked this call treatment. 

I'm not aware of any methods where you can blocked certain  "Anonymous" calls and not others.  I'm curious as why your relative cannot unblocked the calls to your specific number.

ckck

In my voip.ms settings, the only place I can find anything about blocking callers is in an area called "CallerID Filtering". I do filter two numbers, but they are explicitly specified (i.e. I don't use wildcards and only specify the entire number).

I didn't know that one could unblock calls to my number. I'll ask about this.

But, to re-iterate, the call shows up in my voip.ms log, but not in the Obi's log. This makes me think that it is happening on the Obi side rather than with voip.ms.

Shale

Quote from: ckck on April 27, 2013, 01:20:08 PM

Ask the caller to dial *68 followed by the usual for your number. Maybe the caller could add the whole thing to the quickdials or in-phone phone book.

*68 - Unblock Caller ID (For One Call)

Everton

Under "CallerID Filtering", the first option is "Anonymous CallerID number", are there any treatment for "Anonymous CallerID" under "CallerID" on your Treatment list?  If not, I have no idea why anonymous calls are not getting through.  Did you by chance change your inbound call route to block "Anonymous CallerID number"?

Quote from: ckck on April 27, 2013, 01:20:08 PM
In my voip.ms settings, the only place I can find anything about blocking callers is in an area called "CallerID Filtering". I do filter two numbers, but they are explicitly specified (i.e. I don't use wildcards and only specify the entire number).

But, to re-iterate, the call shows up in my voip.ms log, but not in the Obi's log. This makes me think that it is happening on the Obi side rather than with voip.ms.

ckck

@Shale ... I'll try the *68 approach.

@Everton ... I don't have Anonymous CallerID blocked in any of my filters.

I'm 99% certain now that this is happening on the Obi side ... just can't figure out why.

ckck

OMG, I'm feeling pretty stupid now. I'm really sorry for wasting time/space on this thread.

Way back, when having trouble with SIP scanners (see http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4067.msg30166#msg30166) waking me at 3 AM, I made this change ...

Obi's Voice Services -> SP1 Serivce -> X_InboundCallRoute:

{(?|@|@@|@@@|@@@@|@@@@@|@@@@@@):},{ph}

I incorrectly assumed that, since the SIP scanners where targeting the Obi directly and not coming through my voip.ms or GV numbers, changing this setting would only affect calls coming directly to my Obi. This was pretty dumb of me.

I'm going to remove the '?' since most of the SIP scanner calls I was getting were announced as '100' or '1000' and all the '@' should catch those.

Shale

Quote from: ckck on April 28, 2013, 06:31:56 AM

I incorrectly assumed that, since the SIP scanners where targeting the Obi directly and not coming through my voip.ms or GV numbers, changing this setting would only affect calls coming directly to my Obi. This was pretty dumb of me.

I'm going to remove the '?' since most of the SIP scanner calls I was getting were announced as '100' or '1000' and all the '@' should catch those.

Good detective work.

Regarding SIP scanners, see http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0
What you described is listed as method #1 there. Rather than using that method, you would be better to use method 4 or 3 with you voip.ms account. If you modify your string to just remove the '?', then a voip scanner could spoof what looks like a regular phone number or even present "voipscanner" as a caller ID and would poke right through.

ckck

Well, early this morning I started to get SIP scanner calls again, one every minutes starting at 2:40am until 3:03am. The scanner's 'Peer Name' and 'Peer Number' were blank.

I followed Shale's method #4 and set X_InboundCallRoute to {>111111:ph} (111111 is not my real AuthUserName).

This should allow anonymous calls, but only through my voip.ms SIP.