News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 X_accesslist takes an IP range ?

Started by adit, April 29, 2013, 08:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adit

Hi, I'm getting hit with SIP scanners. I'm trying to block them setting an access address list. My provider is Freephoneline.ca. They don't list their IP list but checking here  http://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-208-65-240-0-1 they have allocated a range between 208.65.240.0 - 208.65.247.255 so it should be safe to use them, I think. Does the X_accesslist field accept a range (like posted one) or only discrete addresses , which will be a problem as I don't think I can fit all in 512 characters. Any suggestions ? Thanks.

Shale

Unfortunately OBi202s don't take a range for that. There is good news that the Oleg method will probably work for you.

See method 4 on http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0

We don't know for sure if Freephoneline.ca sends the account number as described there, but nobody has yet posted that a given provider does not.

There would probably be a way to get a smaller list of IPs that will be used, but fortunately you will probably not need them. Let us know how it works out.

adit

Thanks, I read that thread but I'm confused about oleg's method. The IP address list or the port number are clear.

On Freephoneline you get a phone number for the area code where you live (or where you want) so it will look like any regular phone number for your area including area code. You can even port your current POTS number if you want. The account number (ID) is 1+your phone number. Reading the other thread I see reference to some specific fix digits which is not the case here as a freephoneline can be any phone number.

Maybe OBI can add the "range" feature on a revision of the firmware ?

Shale

Quote from: adit on April 29, 2013, 09:10:11 AM
Thanks, I read that thread but I'm confused about oleg's method. The IP address list or the port number are clear.

On Freephoneline you get a phone number for the area code where you live (or where you want) so it will look like any regular phone number for your area including area code. You can even port your current POTS number if you want. The account number (ID) is 1+your phone number. Reading the other thread I see reference to some specific fix digits which is not the case here as a freephoneline can be any phone number.

Maybe OBI can add the "range" feature on a revision of the firmware ?
You could get the current IP using nslookup voip.freephoneline.ca  8.8.8.8 in a Windows command window. However that IP number could change potentially. You could also contact the provider to see if they can give you a list that you could fit, into 512 characters.

That range request was also made (and seconded etc) on http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3544.0 It would be a useful addition, and you might want to add your opinion on that thread.

The number to try for method 4 is the same of the value that you currently have in .....
Voice Services
SPn Service
 SIP Credentials
  AuthUserName

I intend to modify the method 4 description to clarify that.