News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Bria Setup - Thunderbolt Android

Started by slobuds, April 05, 2011, 10:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slobuds

So I'd like to give this a shot - hoping for a better softphone than OBiOn, which is giving me sever/unusable echo.  The CounterPoint support folks tell me that Thunderbolt is not explicitly supported, however, there are several other HTCs which are and there is a good chance that it will work.  Money back if not.

To set up the Bria, I need the following settings:

User Name
Password
Domain
Outbound Proxy
Authorization Name (optional)

GlobalIP - private or public IP published at 'signaling' level.
Single Register - only needed if GlobalIP is 'on'

SIP Transport - UDP or TCP or TLS.

Audio Encription

SIP Regristration Refresh interval in seconds - from 30 to 900

Help with these settings would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Martin

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

slobuds

Quote from: QBZappy on April 05, 2011, 11:50:48 AM
slobuds,

Everything you need to know how to setup is in this thread:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=40.0

Thanks again for the info Zappy, but the settings in these threads are greatly different from the settings for the Bria.  My installation is failing after several tries.

One thing I see with the Bria, without even succeeding with a log-in, is that Bria picks up my contacts off the Thunderbolt - big big plus.

Do you have any other ideas on how I can get the rest of the settings?

Thank you,
Martin

RonR

I believe the thread QBZappy pointed you toward is for configuring a PC-based softphone like X-Lite to work with the Obihai middle-ware client that has the information you're looking for hard-coded into it.  That thread wasn't for a smartphone-based SIP client.

I don't believe the information you're looking for has ever been disclosed by Obihai.

slobuds

Quote from: RonR on April 05, 2011, 04:33:28 PM
I believe the thread QBZappy pointed you toward is for configuring a PC-based softphone like X-Lite to work with the Obihai middle-ware client that has the information you're looking for hard-coded into it.  That thread wasn't for a smartphone-based SIP client.

I don't believe the information you're looking for has ever been disclosed by Obihai.

Ok - I kind of see that now.

I would sure like to get this working!  Either this Bria or the OBiON, but the features of the Bria look stronger.  Frankly.

But thank you anyway.

jthacker48

I've, also purchased the Bria soft phone for multiple platforms (iPad, Android, and desktop).  I want to get them working with my Obi.