News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

POTS line pluged in with GV as a sp on a 110

Started by Thyatis, May 01, 2013, 09:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thyatis

Hi,

I have a GV account (works fine dial tone and receiving calls) however i have Phone line coming in and plugged into the telco line.  However i make calls to that number the phone doesn't ring, also i have a fax machine connected and is there a way to make the fax machine pick up that line and use it to send faxes?  I am thinking i will just put a double adapter before the google voice and use that.

thanks in advance.

Shale

I don't know why your phone hooked to the phone port does not ring when a call comes in on the PSTN line.

That may work to your advantage for your stated wanted fax machine action. Suppose you put that adapter between the incoming phone line and the OBi Line port, and put the other port of the adapter to your fax machine.

You would still be able to make outgoing calls through your OBi for 911 or whatever you configure.

Thyatis

Yeh i thought that would work , the biggest thing is why doesn't the phone right when i call the pots line?

Rick

Telco line should go to fax machine LINE port then a cord from fax machine PHONE port to the LINE port of OBi.  Phone should be plugged into PHONE port of OBi.

Thyatis

right that is how i have it, but the phone doesn't ring if there is a call on the telco line.

MikeHObi

if the phone is connected directly to the POTS line does it ring? 
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.