News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI110, UK PSTN Call Barring

Started by ukuser, May 02, 2013, 03:03:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

It always looked like a problem between the OBi and the PSTN line. I guess the lesson is to always look for the simple solution first   :)

For digit map solutions look for posts here by RonR, azrobert and myself. I don't think we have done any for Belgium so far, but the basics of how to do it are all there. I'm in the UK, so I'm used to changing digitmaps from the North American defaults. The first thing to do is to change the emergency numbers. If you look in the Phone Port DigitMap and the PhonePort OutboundCallRoute, you will see "911". Replace these with you emergency numbers. For instance, in both cases I replaced "911" with "999|112".

If you post details of which number formats you wish to go to which service, then I'm happy to help out with suitable digit maps. There is help here from around page 180 onwards, but not great examples:

http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

rizdina

ianobi,

Here are the emergency phone numbers that I want programmed for Belgium:

Ambulance/Fire: 100
Belgium Police: 101
NATO Military Police: 065 44 3333
US Military Police: 068 27 5301
Burn Injury Center: 02 268 62 00
Anti Poison Center: 070 24 52 45

Also, is there a way to setup the outbound call route that if I dial a North American number (1-xxx-xxx-xxxx) it routes it directly to my GV?

Riz

ianobi

All of those look possible. Some of the longer numbers might be better put in speed dials. Am I right to assume all goes via PSTN except GV, which is on sp1?

I'll have a first attempt tomorrow, then it can be fine tuned as needed.

ianobi

This is my first attempt at a Belgium configuration. Using it in practice may show some need for fine tuning! I'm assuming that GV is set up on sp1.

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: PSTN Line

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|100|101|112|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|100|101|112):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DigitMap:
(<**1>1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|04xxxxxxxx|0[1-3,5-9]xxxxxxx|00xx.|xx.)

Calls route as follows:

100|101|112 These are special cases and are sent direct to PSTN line without being processed by the Line Port DigitMap.

1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx eleven digits, first digit 1, second digit 2 to 9. These numbers have **1 prepended to them. This automatically routes them to sp1 (GV).
04xxxxxxxx ten digits starting with 04 (mobile phones). Route direct to PSTN line.
0[1-3,5-9]xxxxxxx nine digits, first digit 0, second digit anything except 4 or 0. (Landline calls including 0800xxxxx). Route direct to PSTN line. This includes all of the emergency numbers you listed that are nine digits long.
00xx. International numbers any length starting with 00. Route direct to PSTN line, but with a ten second delay as OBi waits to see when dialling is finished.
xx. Any number any length. Routes direct to PSTN line, but with a ten second delay as OBi waits to see when dialling is finished.

There are other "tips and tricks" you may find if you search around on this forum. For instance you may find that you can speed up outgoing dialling on the PSTN line by reducing tone lengths:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DialDigitOnTime and DialDigitOffTime.

I reduced mine from 200ms to 80ms and it works fine, but you may need to experiment with that.

You may wish to look at how CallerID is delivered to your OBi via the PSTN line. In Belgium I think it may be DTMF. There are options here:

Physical Interfaces > Line Port > Port Settings > CallerIDDetectMethod

When someone calls you via the PSTN line, the OBi110 delays ringing the phone for around four seconds to try to process the CallerID. This delay is based on North American CallerID method, which is sent after the first ring, so a delay is needed. After getting the CallerIDDetectMethod working, you may find you can reduce this delay:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > RingDelay

Anyhow, that's more than enough to be going on with! Let us know how it works out. When we have it right I may post it under a new title "Belgium Configuration" so any other OBi users in Belgium can find it easily.

rizdina

Thank you so much.  I am going to program these in and experiment with some of the parameters you mentioned and will let you know how it works.  Give me a week or so to experiment a bit.

Riz

rizdina

ianobi,

I had some free time tonight since the kids went to sleep early and I decided to test the new configurations out.

Everything you recommended worked perfectly.  I didn't try the 100/101/112 emergency numbers (for obvious reasons), but I am assuming those are set up correctly.  The local land-line and mobile numbers are being correctly routed to the PSTN line and the 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx numbers go straight to my GV at sp1. :-)

I was able to decrease my DTMF lengths down to 50.  I made quite a few test calls and all went through with no problems with the shorter DTMF lengths.

The only item I could not test was caller ID.  My PSTN subscription does not include caller ID.  For me it's not worth the money to pay for that service since I mainly use my mobile phone.  The home land-line is just for emergencies and the kids. 

BTW, I noticed that OBI on only supports four caller ID standards, two of which are DTMF, which is what the Belgium caller ID uses.  But the DTMF standards the OBI supports are for Finland/Sweden and Denmark.  There are other DTMF caller ID standards out there.  I don't know if the Belgian caller ID standard is close enough to the Finland/Sweden or Denmark standard to make it compatible with one of those setting.  Perhaps someone else on this forum can help.

But thank you so much for your help in setting the parameters for my OBI.

Riz

ianobi

Riz,

I think we have a good configuration for Belgium users now. There's sure to be a few numbers that we have not exactly matched, but that's what the "xx." rule is for.

CallerID methods vary all over the world. I bought a device a while back made in Taiwan; its CallerID detect method was DTMF Finland/Sweden! Lots of trial and error working these things out.

If you are not using CallerID on your PSTN line, then you may as well set this to 0:
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > RingDelay
There's no point in delaying the incoming ring.