News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Urgent Dial Plan Assistance Needed

Started by Kings, May 04, 2013, 12:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kings

Hi guys, I need some assistance with outgoing dial plan configuration. I just got my OBi110 device and I have been able to setup my Google Voice account on SP1 as (Default), and my Localphone VoIP account on SP2 and both registered successfully.

Now the problem I am facing is how to setup the device to use Google Voice for all US and Canada bound calls only, and then strictly use my Localphone Voip account on SP2 for all other International bound calls.

I will so much appreciate it if someone can kindly guide me on how to setup the correct dial-plan and what it should look like, (that is to use Localphone strictly for outgoing Intl. calls) to reflect the above. Thanking you in advance for your anticipated kind assistance.

Regards,
Kings

N7AS

Try this by adding to the begining of Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute: {(00|011xx.):sp2},

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

Kings

Thanks a lot mate for your prompt response, I have tried your recommendation but it did not work, I can't still successfully make outgoing International calls from my SP2 which has Localphone. Below is what I have at the OutboundCallRoute, following your suggestion:

{(00|011xx.):sp2}{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Can you kindly look at it and let me know what I did not do right.

Thanks.

RFord

You are missing a comma between the first two items:

{(00|011xx.):sp2}{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp}  should be  {(00|011xx.):sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},......

hwittenb

For international numbers starting with either 00 or 011 I believe you would have something like this
{((00|011)xx.):sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},......

N7AS

Sorry, I was taking it from memory and forgot the extra parens.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

Kings

Thanks guys for your kind assistance, I tried this; {((00|011)xx.):sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},...... dial plan with the parenthesis and it worked perfectly well. I am now able to make all US and Canada bound calls through SP1 (Google Voice), and all other International calls through SP2 (Localphone).

I was wondering if there is a way to include *1571 in the dial plan to enable me access my voice mail server directly from the Obi device. With my Linksys PAP2T APA, I was able to access my voice mail directly just by dialing *1571 from my desktop phone. Please kindly let me know if it will be possible and what I need to do.

Thanks.

ianobi

There are several ways of doing what you want, I'll stay with the method used so far. Luckily, *1571 does not conflict with any OBi Star Codes. First you need to get it "allowed" by the Phone Port DigitMap, I suggest:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|*1571|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Then a modification to your OutboundCallRoute to send *1571 to sp2:

{((00|011)xx.)|*1571:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},......

I note that your 911 calls are being routed via the Line Port to PSTN. I hope that's as intended as you do not mention any service set up on the Line Port.

RFord

Quote from: ianobi on May 05, 2013, 03:26:05 AM

Is the above correct?  Shouldn't it be:

{(((00|011)xx.)|*1571):sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},......

Where a "(" is needed at the beginning and just before ":".  Or maybe it is not necessary?

Kings

Quote from: ianobi on May 05, 2013, 03:26:05 AM

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|*1571|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Then a modification to your OutboundCallRoute to send *1571 to sp2:

The above recommendation worked perfectly well for me, thank you so much.

If I may further ask, is there also a way of accessing Google voice mail directly from a desktop phone without logging into the Google voice portal? I would really love to know how to go about that if it is possible.

Thanks.

N7AS

When using the phone attached to the OBi110, just call your GV number.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

ianobi

RFord,

Now to get technical  :)

The OutboundCallRoute is a series of rules. Rules have the format:

rule := callee-list : terminal
where
callee-list := callee|callee|callee| ... (vertical bar separated list of 0 or more callee object)
callee := number OR embedded-digit-map OR @ (@ = any number)

In our example:

{((00|011)xx.)|*1571:sp2}

((00|011)xx.) is a small embedded digit map
*1571 is a number
sp2 is the terminal

(((00|011)xx.)|*1571) would turn the whole thing into a digit map, which I'm fairly sure would also work, but let's keep it as simple as we can!

Kings

ianobi,

The initial dial plan you gave me works perfectly well for me: {((00|011)xx.)|*1571:sp2}

I even had to modify it somehow to enable me directly call UK 11 digit telephone numbers, and that is also working well. See the adjusted dial plan below and kindly let me know if I am correct:

{((00|011|0xx)xx.)|*1571:sp2}

One more thing, how can I divert my unanswered PSTN landline calls attached to the Obi device to my mobile phone or another number. secondly, how can I reduce or completely remove about 12-15 minutes delay or time lag before my placed calls goes through especially with SP2?

Thanks.

ianobi

Assuming that sp1 is your Primary Line then make the following changes:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(<**2>0xxxxxxxxxx|...existing rules here...)

Service Providers > ITSP Profile B > General > DigitMap:
(0xxxxxxxxxx|...existing rules here...)

Leave like this in OutboundCallRoute: {((00|011)xx.)|*1571:sp2}

The 12 – 15 seconds delay is caused by numbers not being exactly matched. My way of dealing with the eleven digit UK numbers should have no more than two seconds delay as we know they are eleven digits so we can match them exactly. Any rule that ends x. means that the OBi does not know how many digits to expect, so it waits for ten seconds to see if you have finished dialling.

Diverting PSTN calls on no answer is best set up like so:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port >Calling Features > CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: sp1(12345678912)

Where sp1 is the service to use to forward the calls and 12345678912 is your mobile number.

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port >Calling Features > CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount

This sets how many rings before the forwarding happens. Default is two ringing cycles.

Kings

What can I do to be able to directly call someone on the same Localphone network with their seven digits Sip ID, i.e. 3480477 using SP2 on my obi device?. I used to be able to easily call other people on localphone network just by dialing their seven digits username or sip id directly from the desktop phone attached to my Linksys PAP2T adapter.

Below is what I have at the moment on my OutboundCallRoute:

{((00|011|0xx|234)xx.)|*1571:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Secondly, how can I backup the current settings on my Obi110 device?

Thanks in advance.

ianobi

Your config is beginning to look a bit confused. It's important to remember that number transformation and routing is a function of several digit maps as well as the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. For now try this:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(<**2>xxxxxxxS4|...existing rules here...)

Service Providers > ITSP Profile B > General > DigitMap:
(xxxxxxx|...existing rules here...)

No further changes are needed to the OutboundCallRoute to make this work.
This will route all seven digit numbers to sp2.

If more changes are needed, then please post all of your digitmaps and the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute, so an overall picture can be seen.

Backup and Restore is best done via the local web page not via the OBiTALK portal.

System Management > Device Update > Backup Configuration

Check "Use OBi Version" box. Click on "Backup". This will give you an XML file to save where you wish.

Kings

ianobi,

Thanks a million times for your continuous assistance, all the config settings are working perfectly well right now apart from the land line call divert. I tried to follow your guideline but the unanswered calls are still not diverted to my cell phone number as I intended.

Here is what I did below for your perusal and further advice:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port >Calling Features >CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable,:  checked

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port >Calling Features > CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: sp1(0504291615)

I also tried using:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port >Calling Features > CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: ph1(0504291615)

I thought that the second one might work since it is my physical PSTN  land line attached to my Obi device I intend to divert, besides my SP1 can only make outgoing calls to US and Canada.

Thanks.