News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is there a virtual receptionist feature?

Started by Brian_Yurgin, May 06, 2013, 12:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian_Yurgin

Hello, I am looking to setup an obi202 for a friend that owns a bakery. Does this device have or is it possible to set up an automated response greeting people that call and having them select an a number for a department?

An example to clarify would be a customer calls and the line is automatically picked up with a greeting. The customer presses 2 to connect to someone that can take an order or they can press 3 to connect to someone that handles customer service complaints or requests.

If it does is it possible to change the greeting by time of day? Have a version that says "good morning" before noon, "good after noon" before 5, and we are closed after 5?

Thank you for your time.

QBZappy

Not the most elegant solution, however it can be done with some effort.

Re: 99 Virtual extensions available via the OBi (possible since v 1.30)
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=1734.msg11140#msg11140

Re: Using Any OBi as a Home PBX
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4944.msg31982#msg31982
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Brian_Yurgin

Thank you for your quick response.

What is the OBiPLUS then, one of the features lists an Automated Attendant that could great customers:

Automated Attendant — The OBiPLUS automated attendant or "AA" allows your business to greet callers with accurate information and consistency in how calls are routed to individuals and ring-groups. The AA replaces the need for a receptionist, makes a professional impression on callers to your business and handle calls efficiently to the correct person or team. (http://www.obihai.com/obiplus.html)

I should be getting the 202 tomorrow, do I just enroll for the OBiPLUS through the website?

Rick

ObiPlus is a fee-based service that OBi launched that doesn't get talked about much (or used much?).

Shale

You might consider having a SIP provider do the operation instead of your OBi. That is not to say that the OBi solution will not fill your needs.

Anveo has a system for incoming calls that lets you build a flow chart of what happens when a call comes in. I use it for home use, but its really aimed at the commercial type use. It is called "flow control". Look it up as part of your research. It can speak what you want, and can route calls to phones, messages,  or voicemails based on the responses of the callers. It can also behave differently based on the phone number being in the address book, or even looking at the first part of the number, such as area code.

I am confident that other providers have the ability to do similar things, but I am familiar with the Anveo offering. It is easy to modify without having to get help.

Brian_Yurgin

According to the website advertising OBiPLUS there are two versions, one that costs $300 a year and one that is free. Why would that service not be used much? The free subscription has so many awesome and exciting features that a small business could leverage and it seems like you just need a 202 to take advantage of them.

Anveo seems to be a favorite SIP provider as almost everything I read mentions people using them. I will look more into the services they provide.

giqcass

You know I was thinking about OBiPlus lite myself.  I can understand why no one talks about paid ObiPlus on the forums.  ObiHai provides direct phone support for that. I have only read one post where someone mentioned they have used OBiPlus lite.  It looks like a really good service and it does most of what you wanted.

Voxeo, Anveo, and Twillio can do anything you can imagine.  I think Anveo might be the best choice if you go in that direction.  I have used all three and it's the simplest if you aren't a programmer.  Voxeo does have a visual designer but Anveos is easier to use.  If you don't mind a little programming I love Voxeo.
Long live our new ObiLords!

Ostracus

Part of the reason is the documentation could be much better. Same with the online wizard.