News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Configuring router to turn of SIP ALG (Application Layer Gateway)

Started by MontyForum, May 08, 2013, 02:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MontyForum

My OBi isn't working.  The problem as per the Q&A's is that the SIP ALG (Application Layer Gateway) residing in my router needs to be turned off.  I have a Hitron CGN2-ROG wi-fi modem with built-in router.  My cable internet provider requires that I purchase my modem through them (Hitron product).  The modem didn't come with a user manual.  I was provided with a URL, user name and password (cusadmin) to configure my modem.  With this user name there's no option to turn off SIP ALG.  Does anyone know how to make the required change with my modem?  I've emailed Hitron Technologies over a week ago and haven't received a response.  Any other suggestions would be helpful.  My internet provider referred me to a fee-based tech support which is very pricey.  I'm looking at other options before I call them back and shell out their rate.

Thanks

QBZappy

Here's the manual. I quickly glanced over it. I see QOS for voice (over wireless). There may be a section for wired connections. You have not mentioned if the router/modem is provisioned by your ISP. If so you may have your configuration over written by their provisioning system.

http://www.westmancom.com/fileadmin/content/docs/user_guides/internet/CGN2_UG_v2-0_2012-02-29_Hitron.pdf
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

MontyForum

Thanks for the link.  I can make changes.  However I have no idea what I'm doing.  Are you able to advise what changes I should make (i.e. spell out what goes in to each field) based on what's in the user manual?

Jackson

Maybe as a test you could simply bypass the firewall (which is where ALG is listed in my modem) using DMZ, page 73 from the link.