News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

AxVoice

Started by civilmann, May 11, 2013, 02:40:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

civilmann

Anyone out there had any setup advice for Axvoice VOIP and OBI100?

rtalcott

I use aXvoice (and it's been great for about 3 years) BUT I use the grandstream that I received when I set it up...have not needed to set it up on any Obi's but that's on my list...hopefully someone has some experience doing this.
rt
cheap hardware...lots of it!

civilmann

I'm working on it with them. I sent a pile of screen shots to them last night and they said the would get back to me. :)

rtalcott

Kool!  I want to know how to do this so I have a backup for the grandstream...

Any advice you can give after you get it working would be GREATLY appreciated!
rt

civilmann

OK, here is the low down. It's so simple you may fall off you chair! Go to your ObiTalk Home web page and choose Device Configuration. Then click on the appropriate SP1 or SP2 ect. click accept to the waring for Emergency Calls. Then use your user name in the User Name box as well as the URI box. Then magnum.axvoice.com in the Service Provider Proxy Server box and use the SIP password from your Axvoice account SIP settings page. Enter your area code and check the boxes if you want Voicemail Notification and Make This the Primary Line to Call Out from options. Click Submit at the bottom, wait about a minute and enjoy! Works great. Let me know if you have any problems. I think having this along with Google Voice makes for a great team of providers.

rtalcott

Thank You!  I will attempt this over the weekend and let you know how it works...hopefully as well and as easily as it did for you!

rt

civilmann

After a month I thought I would review my experience with the Axvoice service. First thing that started happening after using the OBi instead of the grandtream device that they shipped me was this. I started getting phone calls with caller ID of 100, yes I said 100. Well, after some research I found that the OBi was being SIP scanned and found that the way to prevent it would be to enter the string ">AuthUserName" in the X_InboundCallRoute box in front of the :ph that is already there. So it would look like this ">AuthUserName:ph" (don't use quote marks).This took care of the weird calls immediately. The second item I've run into with the service was called lengths of 120 min. both inbound and outbound. I have sent three e-mails over the last week to Axvoice with no response at all. This is a real issue for me as I have a son that likes to stay on the phone with his buddy playing online games for hours at a time. Before I had this service I had Vonage and never had the call length problem. This seems to be a big issue for a lot of VOIP providers because they don't want to leave a call open that could result in overseas long distance fraud charges. I am now researching other providers to find one that doesn't have this limitation. I don't want to say that I'm dissatisfied with Axvoice at this time. The rest of the service works great and the calls are clear and up until now I've had good service via e-mail and their online chat. The company does not offer service or any other contact over the telephone. You can find a number for them but when you call you won't get anyone that can give you an answer to technical questions. So for anyone out there that's thinking of using an OBi device with Axvoice this may be something you would want to consider in selecting a provider. Stay tuned as this is not over yet!

rtalcott

I have not yet moved to the Obi from the Grandstream.  I cannot remember if I have hit the 2 hour issue.  I may not have yet (I have using Google Voice).

As far as their support...some things get answered immediately and some things never get answered...this is strange.

Been using aXvoice for 3+ years...in general I cannot complain...I don't find anything irritating enough to think about switching providers...call quality has been good.  I use aXvoice mostly for inbound and Google Voice for outbound.