News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Will Obitalk work overseas?

Started by nynemout42, May 14, 2013, 12:29:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nynemout42

I am currently working and living in Saudi Arabia and need to know if Obitalk can be set up and used to call the US from Saudi?  I will be home in June so if needed I can set it up there and then bring it here.  

nynemout42

Wow...58 views and no replies.  Not looking good.  I just threw my Magic Jack in the trash because of their customer service.  I emailed ObiHai and haven't gotten a reply either.  Is there a VOIP provider that has customer service that actually works?

Jackson

Shale

If MagicJack was too complex to operate without support, I have my doubts. The OBi setup is more complex than MagicJack, and it may not be for you.

Somebody would normally need to have a SIP provider that you pay for. Somebody could do what you ask if the Internet connectivity was good enough. There are various providers. Anveo has a point of presence in Frankfort, Germany which you might have good enough connectivity to. For $2 per month could get unlimited personal incoming calls to a US number free, plus $0.01 per minute outgoing to the US. There are other plans. There are other fine providers

Google Voice only provides service to users in the US and Canada at this time, as far as I know. If somebody were get the account in the US and set up the OBi where ever, it probably would work.

If you could get somebody with some patience to assist you, you could succeed.

Also make sure that you are not violating Saudi laws.

dircom

Quote from: nynemout42 on May 20, 2013, 04:44:05 AM
.....  I just threw my Magic Jack in the trash because of ..........

Please don't throw stuff "in the trash"
  try to recycle it