News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to use my cell phone call aa

Started by orangelau, May 12, 2013, 11:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangelau

Hi :
I try to use my mobile phone through PSTN call to my OBi 110, then the OBi is ring but cannot enter to Aa, coz I want to call my friend through VOIP(SP1), how to solve it?

Cell Phone > Home Phone > OBi > SP1 > My Friend

ianobi

orangelau,

You need to make your mobile phone number a "Trusted Caller". From your OBi Dashboard page select "Trusted Callers" from the menu on the left hand side. Fill in the details and click on "Save Changes". Wait two minutes for the OBi to reboot.

Now when you call in to your OBi from your mobile phone you should get the aa. Select Option 2. If sp1 is your Primary Line, then just dial your friend's number. If sp1 is not your Primary Line, then dial **1 followed by your friend's number.

BlackIceo1

Quote from: ianobi on May 13, 2013, 01:22:19 AM

...make your mobile phone number a "Trusted Caller"...
Now when you call in to your OBi from your mobile phone you should get the aa. Select Option 2. ...

I'd (also) like to do this for calling into the US via the PSTN. How do you get to the OBi through the PSTN connected to the "LINE" on an OBi 110?

ianobi

BlackIceo1,

Are you trying to do this:

Cell Phone > Home Phone > OBi110(sp1) > US

Your home phone line (PSTN) is conected to the Line Port of the OBi110. You need a voip service provider on sp1 to enable you to dial the US.

orangelau

Not exactly, I wanna call my friend in Hong Kong. Thx :)

Shale

Quote from: orangelau on May 13, 2013, 06:05:39 AM
Not exactly, I wanna call my friend in Hong Kong. Thx :)
Therefore you could tell ianobi you are trying to do this:

Cell Phone > Home Phone > OBi110(sp1) > HK

Your home phone line (PSTN) is conected to the Line Port of the OBi110. You need a voip service provider on sp1 to enable you to dial a PSTN number in HK.

ianobi

Confusion! I should have used names   :)

orangelau - Reply #1 is aimed at you!

I will add names now!

orangelau

Quote from: ianobi on May 13, 2013, 06:32:45 AM
Confusion! I should have used names   :)

orangelau - Reply #1 is aimed at you!

I will add names now!
HI ianobi:

Just try the way that u tell me, the home phone is ring, but I can't enter the aa in my cell phone, is there any more setting?

orangelau

Is the problem from the ring setting? I am in Macau.

ianobi

orangelau,

That's useful information. Depending on where you live users need to check how CallerID is sent to the OBi. Auto attendant and may other OBi functions depend on the OBi receiving CallerID in the correct format.

padawan

Have exactly the same problem: so far I have not been able to make the AA answer a call from my mobile phone. I have made my mobile phone number a "Trusted Caller" and tried all the options under CallerIDDetectMethod, but it didn't work. I'm in the UK. I've checked my mobile phone settings and my CallerID is not "hidden". Is there anything else I could try?

ianobi

padawan,

If you are dialling in through a British Telecom PSTN line then the correct setting is:
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > Port Settings > CallerIDDetectMethod: FSK(V.23)

Have a look in your local OBi web page; Status > Call History. Do any of the incoming calls from your mobile show there – if so anything in Peer Number?

Also, check in Status > PHONE & LINE Status > Line Port Status > LastCallerInfo just after an incoming call from your mobile. Almost any CallerID will show here, but it does not mean that the OBi has processed it.

The ip address of your local OBi web page can be found by dialling ***1. Password etc is admin and admin.

padawan

ianobi,

Many thanks for your reply.

I've set the Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > Port Settings > CallerIDDetectMethod field to FSK(V.23). The CallerIDs for calls made from my mobile are not present in Status > Call History in my local OBI web page. All the calls from my mobile show there, but all the Peer Number fields for these calls are empty. This is not the case for calls made from the OBiON softphone app: not only all the calls made from the app are present but the Peer Number fields show the correct CallerID associated with the app.
I've looked at Status > PHONE & LINE Status > Line Port Status > LastCallerInfo immediately after a call from my mobile and the LastCallerInfo field is empty again. What could be wrong here?

ianobi

padawan,

Do other calls coming in to the PSTN line (not from your mobile) show up with a Peer Number in Call History? Maybe get others to call in from a landline to test. They do not need to be "Trusted Callers" the point here is just to see if CallerID is working and showing up in Call History > Peer Number.

The other issue is does your PSTN provider allow CallerID to be forwarded to your home? I don't use British Telecom, but I believe they charge extra for this service.

padawan

ianobi,

yes, you were right. My PSTN service provider (Sky) was not forwarding CallerID to my home phone line. At the moment Sky advertise CallerID service as free of charge, i.e. included in the Line Rental fee, but in my case it was not activated. I tried *#234# and it confirmed that. Then I called Sky and asked them to fix this, which they did and everything works fine now.

Thank you for your help and advice.

ianobi

padawan,

I'm glad your CallerID is sorted. Here is a copy of a message I sent to another UK Sky PSTN user, you may find parts of it useful:

Outgoing delays:

The general rule is that numbers that match a digit map rule go out after around 2 seconds. With physical lines (local Sky line) it's 2 seconds plus the time the OBi takes to seize the line and dial the digits.

999 and 112 need to be treated as special cases. Where you see "911" in Phone Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute replace with "999|112"

Numbers that do not match any other other digit map rule will get picked  up by the "xx." rule, which is a catch-all rule. The problem with xx. is that the OBi does not know how many digits to expect so it waits for 10 seconds to see if you have finished dialling. This is the reason for putting some thought into digit maps. The default OBi digit maps come with North American number formats, so if we did nothing here in the UK we would always be using the "xx." rule and suffering very long delays.

Dialling out on the physical Sky line can be speeded up by changing:
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DialDigitOnTime and DialDigitOffTime. Unless you are many miles from the BT exchange or have a very poor line 200ms is far too long. I would try setting them both to 80ms and see how it works.

Incoming delays:

On the physical Sky line at default there is a 4 second delay. This is to allow the OBi110 to process CallerID. In North America CallerID is sent between the first and second rings, so they need quite a long delay. In the good old UK CallerID is sent before the first ring so no delay should be needed try changing the following:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > RingDelay: from 4000 to 0
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > Port Settings > CallerIDDetectMethod to FSK(V.23)
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > Port Settings > CallerIDDetectMethod to FSK(V.23)

FSK(V.23) is the UK method for CallerID.