News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 Extra ring on PSTN outbound

Started by ssastuser, May 23, 2013, 07:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssastuser

Hello,

I have an Obi110 working as an PSTN/POTS gateway from an asterisk server.  Incoming calls come in from the PSTN and are routed to asterisk and then onto SIP phones.  Outbound calls are routed from SIP phones to the asterisk server and then to the Obi110 which then dials out through the PSTN. 

On outbound calls there is an 'extra' ring or pre-ring prior to the call being handed to the PSTN.  It's easily to tell the difference because the ring from the Obi device is much louder than the actual PSTN ring.  Sometimes the beginning of the actual call gets cut off because of this extra ring or partial ring from the Obi on outgoing calls.

Is there a way to just have the Obi present the 'real' PSTN sound without that extra ring?  I'm hoping there's a config setting that I missed.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Steve

orangelau

ianobi

This is caused by the following default setting:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > DetectOutboundConnectMethod: Assume connected after a short delay

On an outgoing call the extra ringing is sent back to the caller to reassure them that the OBi is trying to connect the call. I agree that it can be confusing as that first ring does not indicate anything about what is actually happening to the outgoing call.

Depending on your setup and how your PSTN line functions you could try one of the other settings.