News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help TechIlliterate set up Obi202 w/modem

Started by NanD, May 27, 2013, 06:14:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

Check your Obi's ip address.

Pick up a phone connected to the Obi.
Dial ***
Dial 1
Does the ip address start with 169.254  ?

If not what are the first 6 digits?
Long live our new ObiLords!

Ostracus

Quote from: giqcass on May 28, 2013, 01:51:57 PM
Cloning a MAC address is rarely needed.  I don't see the setting to do it on the Obi202 anyway.

I would try the reset procedure on the Obi202.

Router config-->Wan Settings-->MACAddressClone

giqcass

How did I miss that??  I went through that page a couple times and it's right at the top.
Long live our new ObiLords!

NanD

Quote from: giqcass on May 28, 2013, 06:48:34 PM
Check your Obi's ip address.

Pick up a phone connected to the Obi.
Dial ***
Dial 1
Does the ip address start with 169.254  ?

If not what are the first 6 digits?

Your IP address is not available.
Your DHCP (?) is enabled.

NanD

Ok, this is getting rediculous. It's supposed to be a "plug and play" item. It's certainly not proving to be that.

I'll try to find some other way. I make and receive very few calls. I don't need a lot of bells and whistles. I just need something that actually works, right out of the box. I do NOT want to purchase a wireless router (do they make any that are NOT these days?) and I don't have a lot of money to spare on this.

So, unless someone has a really good idea what to do at this point, since the Obi202 can't pick up an IP address, and I've been at this several days, it's going back to Amazon in the morning. I purchased this because it promised "plug and play", which it's not.

I have to say that the documentation with this is hideously bad - the worst I think I've ever seen. And I don't have days to spend sending emails back and forth to some guy in China for support. I would have at least expected a phone number where I'd be on hold for 45 minutes, but eventually get this baby up and flying.

So, thanks for your suggestions - I really appreciate the attempts at help. This puppy's going back.