News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Freephoneline settings

Started by VanZemaljac, May 30, 2013, 02:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VanZemaljac

I need your help setting up OBi110/202 with freephone settings  http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries/23120323-VoIP-Unlock-Key-Credentials. I have been using the default setting for a year without any problems. However, in the last week OBis report Register Failed: 486 Too many requests. (OBi202 concurrently runs another SIP provider without any issues.)

Required settings:
1. IP Server: voip.freephoneline.ca
2. Alternative SIP Server: voip2.freephoneline.ca
3. Transport: UDP
4. Port: 5060
5. Registration Interval: 3600 seconds (1 hour)
6. Registration Expiry: 3600 seconds (1 hour)
7. Failed Registration Re-Try Interval: 120 seconds

Please refer to OBiTALK in your answers. Variables have descriptive names and I know some of this may look obvious but please have patience.

Q1) Is there a field to enter an Alternative SIP server?

Q2) In ITSP Profile SIP-> RegistrationPeriod=60 by default. Change it to 3600?

Q3) In ITSP Profile SIP->RegisterExpires=3600 by default. Keep the same value?

Q4) In ITSP Profile SIP->RegisterRetryInterval=30 by default. Change it to 120?

Recommended Settings:
A. STUN/ICE: Disable
B. NAT Mapping Enabled: Yes
C. NAT Traversal: Enable sending Keep-Alives only. On Grandstream HT-701 ATAs this setting is "no, but send keep-alive"
D. Keep Alive Message: NOTIFY or a UDP PING Packet. For Linksys/Cisco devices, use 'Nat Keep Alive Msg' = $NOTIFY or $PING. Never use REGISTER as your Keep Alive message
E. Keep Alive Interval: 20 seconds*
*Audio may be affected if this value is adjusted

Q5) There seem to be two relevant keep alive fields: ITSP Profile RTP->KeepAliveInterval=0 by default (i.e. disabled) and SP Service->X_KeepAliveExpires = 15 by default. Which of the two needs to be set to 20?

Q6) What about A, B, C and D? Are they the default values on OBi?

RTP Settings:
Supported Codecs: g711-u (uLAW) and g729
Suggested RTP Packet size (psize): 0.020  - This ensures audio packets every 20 milliseconds, achieving better quality (trade-off: bandwidth)

Codecs settings seem to correspond to default OBi settings.

Thanks!

corporate_gadfly

Quote from: VanZemaljac on May 30, 2013, 02:12:29 PM
Please refer to OBiTALK in your answers. Variables have descriptive names and I know some of this may look obvious but please have patience.

Q1) Is there a field to enter an Alternative SIP server?

Q2) In ITSP Profile SIP-> RegistrationPeriod=60 by default. Change it to 3600?

Q3) In ITSP Profile SIP->RegisterExpires=3600 by default. Keep the same value?

Q4) In ITSP Profile SIP->RegisterRetryInterval=30 by default. Change it to 120?

I am not an expert, but in my freephoneline configuration, I have the following non-default entries (I do not use Obi portal, BTW, I access the device directly via it's WAN interface):

• ITSP Profile -> SIP -> ProxyServer -> voip.freephoneline.ca
  • ITSP Profile -> SIP -> RegistrationPeriod -> 180
Everything else is set as default and I have no problems for the last few months. YMMV. Separately, I have my router configured with QOS settings to prioritize VOIP traffic.

Hope it helps.

cyberic68

I have the same problem since yesterday on my obi202,

Even If I set up my Sip connection by choosing the preset "FreePhoneLine" settings. I found out that the "X_KeepAliveExpires" was set to 15 secondes.

FreePhoneLine recommend 3600 secondes (1 hours). It may explain why?

I also found when you re-enter into the settings of a SIP configured with the preset value for FrePhoneLine.ca that it shows information about Ring Central

RingCentral Authorization ID   
Your RingCentral AuthID   [Your RingCentral AuthID will be used in the OBi's authusername parameter.]
RingCentral Password       [OBiTalk does not store this password. Your OBi Device will have its password updated if this field is modified.]
RingCentral User Name

Is it good that way ??? Is RingCentral & FreePhoneLine have the same settings and/or parameters?

Thanks to give us your thought

Eric

cyberic68

Sorry I made a mistake, it is the RegistrationPeriod that need to be changed from 60 sec to 3600 sec

the RegistrationPeriod is located in the Expert menu under

Service Providers > ITSP Profile X SIP > RegistrationPeriod

Uncheck the Obitalk Settings and then the Device Default and change the value for 3600

That should fixed the "486 Too many registers" Error Message

Eric

superdad

I had the same problem. It seems OK now after I changed the following settings according to freephoneline requirements, although the previous settings had worked fine since the beginning:

Registration Period: 3600
Registration expiry: was already 3600
Failed Registration Retry: 120

hickhackerz

I have FreePhoneLine configured for over a year, I use it as a failover of service. I did have issues but I have found these to be reliable:

RegistrationPeriod : 360
DigitMap:   (*98|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Rest left at defaults. I added the *98 for voicemail and it seems to work pretty good.

ma678

Quote from: superdad on June 10, 2013, 07:45:13 AM
I had the same problem. It seems OK now after I changed the following settings according to freephoneline requirements, although the previous settings had worked fine since the beginning:

Registration Period: 3600
Registration expiry: was already 3600
Failed Registration Retry: 120

It works.

Many thanks.

silvertex

Hi everybody, I know that this subject is a bit old but I need help.

I have an OBI 202 and I m unable to configure it properly with freephoneline.

I bought the SIP key on freephoneline and since 3 days I'm unable to make it work properly.

In SP1 I have my google voice account which works properly and is showned as "connected" state.
In SP2 I have my freephoneline account which stays in "Registered" state and I found no way to make it change to "Connected".

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.

corporate_gadfly

Quote from: silvertex on July 27, 2013, 10:05:44 AM
Hi everybody, I know that this subject is a bit old but I need help.

I have an OBI 202 and I m unable to configure it properly with freephoneline.

I bought the SIP key on freephoneline and since 3 days I'm unable to make it work properly.

In SP1 I have my google voice account which works properly and is showned as "connected" state.
In SP2 I have my freephoneline account which stays in "Registered" state and I found no way to make it change to "Connected".

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help.
Freephoneline uses SIP and my status shows
Registered (server=208.65.240.44:5060; expire in 105s)
as well. I am not an expert on dial plans, so perhaps you could ask about dial plans in a separate thread. I can definitely tell you that my working configuration for freephoneline says Registered.

silvertex

At the end it works fine.
This morning it didn't work and now it works.

Don't know realy why, maybe it needs time on OBI expert Configuration or in Freephoneline side...

Thanks for you answer.