News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

incoming calls

Started by Luciana, May 30, 2013, 08:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luciana

everything worked fine for me and now i do not get incoming calls??( i did not change any setting)

the obi 100 unit shows a green light and i can make outgoing calls fine. when someone calls me i get no incoming ring that i have as a landline. when people call me they say it rings then goes to goggle voice mail.
i double checked everything and all looks correct on the setting. (but like i said before it use to work and i touched no settings) it also shows that the device is connected online and goggle voice is also connected.

so iam at a totall lost of why no incoming ring???

Luciana

thanks , I already read that and my settings were already correct as that link described. any other thing to try?

CoalMinerRetired

Use a divide and conquer approach.

Unplug your Obi from your router, or just power it down. Open a browser and then open Gmail with the Google Chat feature enabled. See if you can 1) make an outgoing call from Google Chat? 2) See if an incoming call rings in Google Chat? As the FAQ said, do not use a forwarding phone to test this.

Next, and independent of above, do the incoming calls show as unanswered ("Missed") in Google Voice? Let's assume they do. Do the calls appear in the Obi call history log? If yes can you detect anything from that log, how long before they disconnected, which side does the log show ended the call, the Obi port of the incoming call?

Luciana

on google voice they do not show missed, the person is able to leave voice mail. I do not know what you mean by obi call history, on google history voicemail even works.

CoalMinerRetired

Have you tried "Unplug your Obi from your router, or ...."? If yes, what happens?

Luciana

yes i tried several times to unplug both...if i unpug the router and plug it back in the obi unit starts to reset...another words the red light comes on for a moment than back to green flash than steady green. right now i do notice that the center light is off, the left power icon is steady green & the phone icon is steady green,when i pick up the phone the phone icon light flashes green.

Luciana

also to note on google voice i always just had google chat checked for forward phones and it always worked. now I just tried it with my cell and google chat selected for forward phones. when i call my number from a NONrelated phone the cell phone rings but my phone to the obi unit does not ring.

RFord

Do the calls appear in the Obi call history log?  Connect directly to your OBi110 using the IP address of the device in your Browser and check the call history/logs to see if the calls made it to the OBi110.

Also, check the obvious.  Is the phone ringer off?  Is the phone line properly plug into the phone port (is outgoing working?)  Try a different phone and phone cable to see if it makes a difference.

Luciana

it is a obi100, how do i check the history i do not know my ip address of the device?

Shale

To check the call history log:

1.  If you do not know the IP address of your OBi, find IP address:
from your phone dial ***1 and listen for the IP address.  Write it
down.

2. Enable web access from the WAN for your OBi:
Let a comma represent a pause.
dial ***0,30#, 1, 1
Your OBi should read your current IP number to you. It is often
192.168.__.__ or 10.0.__/.___ where __ represents some numbers. Write
that down.

3. Enter the IP address that you wrote down into the address box on your
browser. If you don't know what a browser is, that means Internet Explorer,
Chrome or Safari. It could  also mean Firefox,  etc.

Be prepared to enter the password for your OBi. The username is admin.

4. On the left, click Status -> Call History.

Luciana

thanks for all your help  ;D
after trying "everything under the sun" what resolved my issue was to start a new google account a new google voice account and a new gmail account than i reset the obi with a needle readded everything back to the new accounts and now it work !!
it leads me to wonder what happend... as it seems to be on the google end. is google slowly starting to block people that have used the obi for many calls & a long time....

Luciana

i spoke to quick. once again no incoming calls!! also for some strange reason when someone calls my google voice number it goes to my cell phone that is NOT even selected for a forward phone and the obi connected phone that is selected nothing comes in.  help !

Deno

I'm having the same problem with my spankin' new Obi100 - I can call out but can't get it to ring in.  I called support and I was told to check my GV settings.  It had Chat listed and checked, but not for a gmail account (it's my work account). He said to make a call from Gmal, then it would show up as a second Chat in my settings.  No go.  I called out from H,al from two different computers, but the magic box didn't come up. Everything's been shut down and logged out and back in and powered back up - nothing.  Any ideas?