News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiApps to use OBi110 as voice gateway

Started by ckleea, April 07, 2011, 02:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimates

no speed dial. I dialed from the app just as you would from the phone port. This wasn't possible in the past.

originally I put the rule   [{290xxxxxx)>(<011:>xx.):sp2|]   in
and changed 011 to 002   [{290xxxxxx)>(<002:>xx.):sp2|]   

From the app I dialed 002 xxx xxx xxxx and the call went out on sp2 but the call history shows it was delivered exactly as 002xxxxxxxxxx so google rejected the call.

After looking at all the digit maps and call routes, I just decided to try it like it should have been all along.

RonR

Wait a minute, what you're doing (**2 xxx xxx xxxx) does make sense, just not in the spirit of what this thread is all about.  This thread started as [SD] * number, but it's digressed in to a vanilla call to the OBiAPP's default gateway (with an enhanced InboundCallRoute).  I think we've come the long way around to figuring out that InboundCallRoute callee enbedded-digit-maps do work the way one would expect except for your explicit digit cases.  I think that's the only mystery at the moment, and I'm getting too tired to wrestle with it anymore tonight.   :)

jimates

yes, it got a little off track when you noted the possibility of direct dialing from the app as if we were using the phone port.  And I took that info and ran with it in a slightly different direction.

In the end my findings gave a fix to the OP's question of placing a call from the app, using a line other than the default.

ckleea

Quote from: RonR on April 07, 2011, 09:04:41 PM
Quote from: jimates on April 07, 2011, 08:21:36 PM
I decided to try it the way it should work, and it does.

I dialed **2 xxx xxx xxxx and it rang to the AA.

I added your rule to the inbound call route and replaced the 001 prefix with **2 & **8
{(290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxxx)>(<**2:>xx.):sp2},{(290xxxxxx)>(<**8:>xx.):li},{(290xxxxxx):aa},{ph}

works just like it should. dialing without a prefix uses the default line.
when I dial using **8 it rings once, then there is a ~6 second delay (waiting for the line to connect I assume) then it rings again with a different ring (from the line provider I am sure).

I do remember others asking about a feature for this and Obihai said the AA would have to be used for anything other than the default line. maybe a fix they didn't tell us about yet.
Were you actually dialing [SpeedDial] * **2 xxx xxx xxxx or just **2 xxx xxx xxxx?

If the first case, it makes sense and the InboundCallRoute callee enbedded-digit-map is working like I thought it should, and maybe your initial testing with '011' removal was somehow flawed.  If it's the second case, this does not compute unless there's been a major change to the OBiTALK calling procedure and internal handling.

Dialing without a prefix should have used SP1 (maybe that's your default line by coincidence).

I think the post you were referring to is this one:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=320.msg2901#msg2901

It may get the job done, but in my opinion, it's a little hinky.   :)

It also confirms that InboundCallRoute callee enbedded-digit-map works the way one would expect it to.

Adter some trials, I got it work by changing to

{>(<*1:>xx.):sp1},{>(<*2:>xx.):sp2},{>(<*8:>xx.):li},{>(<*9:>xx.):pp},{aa}

Wonder if this is secure enough as I remove caller identity before proceed.

RonR

Quote from: ckleea on April 07, 2011, 10:46:12 PMWonder if this is secure enough as I remove caller identity before proceed.
I don't believe there is any security at all.  I think anyone with your OBi number can make all the calls they want to using your SP1, SP2, and LINE services, all at your expense.

The Circle of Trust business works by allowing only authorized callers through your InboundCallRoute.  You've opened it up to the whole world.

ckleea

I have made some changes to make it more secure.
Thank for your advice.