News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller ID format

Started by jcrouch, June 01, 2013, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limulus11

Here's what I see in each of the items you listed:

1. GV call log: shows what GV sent to OBi.
+1xxxxxxxxxx

2. In your OBi: Status > Call History > Peer Number (under SP1 or 2) shows what was received by the OBi before the "1" stripping rule was applied. This is only available in your local web page – dial ***1 for the IP address, user name and password are both "admin" unless you have changed them.
1xxxxxxxxxx

3. In your OBi: Status > PHONE & LINE Status > Phone Port Status > LastCallerInfo. This shows what your OBi sent to the Phone Port in format "CName" CallerID. If there is no CName, then the format will most likely be "" CallerID.
"xxxxxxxxxx  (I did not see this as "PHONE & LINE Status", but as "PHONE Status"

4. Your phone log (if it has one): shows what was received by your phone.
xxxxxxx 

ianobi

Quote(I did not see this as "PHONE & LINE Status", but as "PHONE Status"

The headings are slightly different in the OBiTALK Expert pages compared to the web page version. Anyhow, both show the same info.

Item 2 shows the number coming into the OBi from GV as eleven digits starting with "1".
Item 3 shows the number leaving the OBi going towards your phone as ten digits without the "1".

The OBi is following its rules - stripping off the "1" and passing the remaining ten digits to your phone.

Any chance you could try a different phone? I wonder what happens if you put the InboundCallRoute back to default ph, then monitor how the phone behaves with all eleven digits heading its way for a few calls.

limulus11

ianobi,
Thanks for sticking with me on this- your help led me to the problem.  I feel like an idiot- because I missed a setting in the phone. ProfTech pointed out that it was probably a setting in the phone for a local area code.  I dismissed this, because 1) I had previously set the local area code in it to my AC, and the problem was with a different AC. 2) I verified that both the "Local 1" and "Local 2" were now set to 000.  What I failed to see was that there was another setting in the phone called "Home" which the previous owner had apparently entered in the area code that was now giving me this problem.  So it was essentially what ProfTech suggested.  Thank you for helping me narrow it down to the phone- leading me to check again.  And thank you too, ProfTech.

Quote from: ianobi on November 06, 2013, 09:01:50 AM
Quote(I did not see this as "PHONE & LINE Status", but as "PHONE Status"

The headings are slightly different in the OBiTALK Expert pages compared to the web page version. Anyhow, both show the same info.

Item 2 shows the number coming into the OBi from GV as eleven digits starting with "1".
Item 3 shows the number leaving the OBi going towards your phone as ten digits without the "1".

The OBi is following its rules - stripping off the "1" and passing the remaining ten digits to your phone.

Any chance you could try a different phone? I wonder what happens if you put the InboundCallRoute back to default ph, then monitor how the phone behaves with all eleven digits heading its way for a few calls.

ianobi

We have all been there ...    :)

Noctournis

Quote from: ianobi on June 03, 2013, 09:21:08 AM
Smee,

It is possible to transform incoming CallerID. For example:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{(<1:>@@.):ph},{ph}

An incoming call with CallerID of 12345678912 will have the leading "1" removed before the CallerID is sent to the phone by the rule {(<1:>@@.):ph}.

An incoming call with CallerID of 2345678912 or any other CallerID not starting with "1" will be sent to the phone unchanged by the rule {ph}.

ianobi, Thank you!

I just used your tip to fix my Caller ID on my Obi300