News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Really simple digitmap please?

Started by baddogshuck, June 02, 2013, 12:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baddogshuck

Hi,

I've bought an Obi100 to replace my landline, and love it, except for the 10 second delay when dialling.  I have simple needs, my only SIP service is Sipgate on SP1.

I'm in the UK, so must of our numbers are 11 digits long starting with a 0.  I've spent hours searching for what I need, but most posts seem to be with digitmaps far more complex than what I need - I don't need to automatically add area codes or bridge calls.

All I'd like is to dial a number - whether it's a short number like 999 (emergency), 50000 (Sipgate voicemail), 11 digits or longer, then after a two second delay, Obi dials the number on SP1.

Is there any way Obi can accept a number, then if it hasn't heard anything after two seconds, assume the number is complete and dial it?

Failing that, is there a digitmap to instantly dial 999, 50000 and 11 digit numbers?  99% of my calls will be like this, so I don't mind a 10 second delay when dialling anything else :)

Thanks in advance :)

ianobi

baddogshuck - welcome to the forum.

I'm also in the UK. I have an OBi110 and also use Sipgate.uk.

The main problem is that the OBi digit maps etc are all set up for North American number formats. If the number you dial does not match a format accepted by the digit maps, then a "catch-all" rule (xx.) comes into play, but adds big delays to dialling. Also, we need to get the emergency numbers correct for the UK.

I'm  assuming that you wish Sipgate to be your Primary Line (the one that you do not need to dial ** codes before numbers) and that you have set it up on sp1.

Some of the following will already be set as default.

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|999|112|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(999S0|112S0|0[1237]xxxxxxxxxS0|50000S0|0[4568]xx.|00xx.|xx.)

Routing should work as follows:

999/112 direct to sp1 no delay.
Eleven digits starting with 01, 02, 03, 07 will be sent out via sp1 no delay.
Variable length starting 04, 05, 06, 08 will be sent out via sp1 up to tens seconds delay.
50000 will be sent out via sp1 no delay.
Any number starting with 00 (international) will be sent out via sp1 up to ten seconds delay.
Unmatched numbers will be sent out to sp1 after a ten second delay using the xx. rule.

I do find Sipgate.uk reliable and good quality. UK call rates are good value. However, I find their mobile phone rates and some international call rates rather high. I use another provider for those calls.

baddogshuck

Thank you!  That is exactly what I wanted.  Followed your instructions, and everything works perfectly (well, didn't test 999/112 obviously!)  ;D

I would never have got there, didn't even realise there was another digit map in the ITSP profile tab!

Thanks again for helping me out, and generally being awesome  8)

Clive

Excuse me for jumping in on this but it poses a couple of questions in my mind -
does this mean you are using Sipgate for emergency calls?
would it not have been possible to add in your local area code into the dial plan somewhere?

ianobi

Clive,

Quotedoes this mean you are using Sipgate for emergency calls?

Yes. The OP was specific about routing emergency calls to sp1. On reflection this is probably best done within the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute, but both ways work ok with no delays.

Sipgate.co.uk handle 999/112 calls at no extra charge. You do have to keep your address details up to date on their web site. Of course 999/112 will not work if your internet connection fails for any reason. I use Sipgate.co.uk for 999/112, but I back it up with a mobile phone tied into the Line Port of one of my OBi110s. This sort of back up requires using Trunk Groups - too much detail for this post!

Quotewould it not have been possible to add in your local area code into the dial plan somewhere?

Yes, but the OP said he did not want that. If your local numbers are seven digit (not always the case in UK), then something like this would work:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(999S0|112S0|0[1237]xxxxxxxxxS0|<0aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx|50000|0[4568]xx.|00xx.|xx.)
Where aaa is your local code.

This rule <0aaa>[2-9]xxxxxx would have to be written very specifically for each case in the UK. Where I live it would work because my national code is 0117 followed by a seven digit local number. However, three digit and five digit national codes are also quite common in the UK.

The history of how the UK telephone network evolved makes life very complicated for OBi owners here   ;)